Plovdiv, day tour from Sofia and Wine tasting
1. The incredible history:
Plovdiv is on the 8th place for oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Inhabited since 4,000 B.C., beginning with a Neolithic settlement, Plovdiv has been conquered many times throughout the years by the Thracians, the Greeks and the Romans.
Plovdiv contains 13 cultural layers.
2. We offer personalized, educational wine tours!
3. It’s a European city of culture for 2019
4. Know more about Bulgarian culture
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Vino tasting- 5 different wines!
- Bottled water
- Driver guide
- Entry/Admission - Villa Yustina
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum - Bulgarian National Revival Exposition
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
This tour will bring us to ancient times back in the 1st. century BC, going to medieval period and finishing with the Bulgarian Revival period
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Plovdiv Roman Theatre, Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The most preserved Roman theater in Bulgaria, build ed in 59 BC.
It was used mainly for Gladiators fights!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plovdiv Regional Historical Museum - Bulgarian National Revival Exposition, Tsanko Lavrenov Str. 1, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
We will see objects form different periods of the history, encompassing artifacts from south-central Bulgaria.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Villa Yustina, Nikola Petkov Str. 51, Ustina 4228 Bulgaria
The boutique winery has a capacity to process 300 tons own grapes. It has a cellar for wine aging in oak. Currently the winery has 25 hectares of own vineyards with Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Traminer, Aligote, Semillon, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
We will have chance to taste 3 types of wines.
You can choose 3 red wines or variety of 1 Red, 1 White, 1Rose.
You can do also "Star wine making" which cost extra 25eur. Basically you will blending your own wine :)
We will stay at the winery around 1.5hours.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.