Plovdiv Day Tour with a Local Village Visit
Besides discovering one of the oldest cities in Europe with its numerous narrow streets and artistic quarters, you will also have the chance to get to know the history of the rural region. In contrast to Plovdiv's aristocratic world of big houses, wealthy merchants, and cultural uprisings, we will head towards a tiny little village, forgotten by anyone nowadays, which lies among the green slopes of the nearby Rhodope Mountains. The place is unique because it still preserves the traditions of the locals and their way of living as they existed centuries ago. No vehicles can go around the village since its old cobbled-stone streets were made to gather only carts and animals. Experience a real cultural encounter as you stroll around the typical traditional houses of the countryside women and men, each one bearing its long-forgotten history and mysteries. You will have lunch with our hosts, tasting delicious local dishes coming from centuries-old recipes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Plovdiv Old Town Museum Entrances
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Forgotten Local Village Visit
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
This unique tour will take you around the historical city centre of Plovdiv, where you will be absorbed by the artistic and vibrant atmosphere of the Old Town and its dwellers. Traversing in time, we will visit some of the oldest Thracian settlements on the Balkans as well as the incredible architectural remains of the Romans. Learn about the Bulgarian Revival Period in details as you enter the beautiful traditional wooden houses which have become the symbol of the city nowadays. The tour will include an in-depth cultural walk of the Old Town and a visit to some of the most important historical sites there. Also known as the city with many names, Plovdiv is the hometown of prominent Bulgarian artists, musicians, and sculptors, and traces of their works can be found almost on every corner of the Old Town.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rhodope Mountains, 4716, Bulgaria
Discover the forgotten world of Bulgarian authentic traditions and cultures. The village we are going to visit is a unique repository of history. It will show a completely different aspect of Bulgaria - far away from the touristic hustle and bustle of popular attractions, we will embark on a journey back to the roots of our ancestors, exploring their way of living and customs in depth. Besides, you will have the opportunity to try some of the most fiercely kept culinary recipes of the Rhodope Mountains region.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.