PNSAC Dinaussary Route Tour
Tour conducted by a knowledgeable Nature Guide that will make an ecological and landscape framing of the place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Piece of fruit
- Handmade cookies
- Insurance included
- Entry/Admission - Natural Monument of the Dinosaur Footprints
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fornea - Miradouro, Porto de Mos 2480-206 Portugal
The Fórnea, as its name implies, is a pronounced amphitheater-shaped retreat from a low zone into a limestone plateau. Apart from the scientific explanation, the locals call it, to this day, the Fórnea because of its oven-like shape. The designation of Cornea comes from the scientific explanation of the natural formation of this depression.
Erosion from rain and spring waters has created an impressive natural setting. Thus, its shape resembles a huge abatement of the earth's crust starting at Chão das Pias - Windy Mountain - and down to Alcaria.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Porto de Mos, Porto de Mos, Leiria District, Central Portugal
The discovery took place in 2003 in one of the hundreds of quarries found in the Aire and Candeeiros Mountains. The limestone exploration brought to light one of the most important paleontological finds ever found in Portugal.
The fossils found constitute an authentic Jurassic beach. Echinoderms, sea urchins, creatures of bizarre shapes trapped in the rock.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Natural Monument of the Dinosaur Footprints, Estrada de Fatima Serra de Aire, Ourem 2490-216 Portugal
The landscape of this place, which is today the Serra de Aire, was about 175 million years ago (Middle Jurassic), a flat plain, full of water-flooded areas, one to two meters thick.
At that time, Europe was still connected to the North American continent and, between Iberia and Newfoundland, Canada, penetrated a shallow sea of warm, clear waters that were conducive to the formation of coral reefs.
The weather was hot and humid and the vegetation lush.
The testimony of the dinosaurs' passage was marked in one of the many limestone strata, until recently explored in the quarry.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer transfer to all participants in the region of Óbidos and Caldas da Rainha, if not thank you to contact +351936126910 or email@example.com.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.