Poas Volcano + Coffee Plantations & La Paz Waterfall Gardens Trip from San Jose
Climb the Poas Volcano and enjoy the landscape of coffee plantations and the fern, flower and strawberry farms
Enjoy the views of the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles and walk through the beautiful National Park
Discover the La Paz Waterfall, the most famous in Costa Rica
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Casa del Café La Luisa
- Entry/Admission - Jardins da Cachoeira de La Paz
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa del Café La Luisa, 712, Provincia de Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
We will visit the Coffee Plantations where we will learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica and around the world. The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Poas Volcano National Park, Poas Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
After the coffee tour, we will continue to Poas Volcano National Park, where there is a noticeable change in temperature and exuberant vegetation of the cloud forest.
The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017.
At the Volcano we will have time to enjoy the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, and hike on a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as we learn about the different ecosystems in the park.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jardins da Cachoeira de La Paz, 126 6 km North from Vara Blanca Gas Station, Vara Blanca 00000 Costa Rica
After Poás, we will continue to La Paz Waterfall Garden, where we will enjoy a buffet lunch (rated 4 Forks by the Costa Rican Tourism Council) that includes multiple selections of Traditional Costa Rican dishes and much more.
At La Paz Waterfall Gardens we will go through walking trails surrounded by lush tropical rain forest. Here we will appreciate flowing white rivers, spectacular waterfalls, birds, butterflies, monkeys, and hummingbirds. There are also, educational animal exhibits to enjoy such as the Aviary, the Butterfly Observatory, Hummingbird Garden, Serpentarium, Jungle Cats Exhibit, and the Frog Exhibit. This is definitely a tour enjoyed by nature lovers from all ages.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travellers at the different hotels in San Jose downtown, Heredia downtown and Alajuela downtown.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Small groups ( 5-8 passenger maximum per excursion)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.