Poas Volcano National Park Half Day Private Tour
Your breath-taking, adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel and a relaxing private drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside on an air-conditioned transportation and recent model deluxe vehicle or mini bus. You will be heading to Alajuela Province and them the Volcano, about 90-minute drive from San Jose.
On the way, enjoy the beautiful scenery of the countryside with multiple Dairy Farms, Tropical Flowers Nurseries, Strawberries Plantations, Cheese Factories, picturesque souvenir stores and small local vendors. Taste the local flavors and give yourself a chance to try a Prestiño, a very traditional tin pastry cover with a special typical syrup made in the sugar mills.
Once at the National Park, the visit to the crater will be in small groups accompanied with a park ranger and for only 30 minutes per group for security reasons
After the park visit, we will include short stops at different local attractions such as souvenir stores, dairy farms and small restaurants
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Poas Volcano National Park, Poas Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre stratovolcano in central Costa Rica and is located within Poas Volcano National Park. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April 2017 when visitors and residents were evacuated. It is active and has one of the largest craters in the world. Know this colossus without traveling long distances.
Not only has one of the largest craters in the world, but is located in the forests of Central Mountain Range, which boasts magnificent natural landscapes: this is the Poas Volcano National Park. Being located in the province of Alajuela, it offers visitors easy access from major cities of the country. This place lets you explore its attractions through a network of trails, especially in a cold climate tempered by a faint drizzle that most of the year is imposed.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alajuela, Alajuela, Province of Alajuela
Alajuela is a province of Costa Rica located just besides the Capital City San Jose. It is the province where is located the international airport. The province offer many touristy attractions, including volcanoes, waterfalls, coffee plantations, dairy farms and more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at all hotels in San Jose area. If your hotel is not listed please send hotel name and address
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide you a health care kit for your personal security and our transportation services will work with the 50% of the total capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.