Poīke Peninsula: Full Day Private Hike
Poīke Peninsula: Full Day Private Hike is an archaeological field trip that visits the mysterious Eastern headland of Rapa Nui. The aim is to explore the desolation of this area, riddled with legends and unique archaeological traits that was abandoned by its human residents more than 600 years ago. This field trip is based on scientific, ethnographic and historical evidence suplemented by a deep knowledge of our oral tradition.
RPS Experiences is the tourism wing of the Rapanui Pioneers Society, a research and educational organization formed by thoroughly experienced members.
Hiking experience recommended. Private service only.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - We include a reusable water bottle.
- Lunch - A picnic meal is included
What's excluded :
- National Park Ticket not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Poike Volcano, Easter Island Chile
Full Day hike across the Poike Peninsula, visiting many archaeological and geological features of this rarely visited area. Stops at Maunga Parehe, Ahu Kiri Reva, Vai a Heva, Ahu Riki Riki, Papa U'i Hetu'u, Kava Kava Kio'e, Te Pipi Tau Makohe, Pū a Katiki, Oka Kava and Potu te Rangi.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Atamu Tekena, Hanga Roa, Isla de Pascua, Valparaíso, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
We meet or pick up our travelers from any place in Hanga Roa urban area including the MataveriInternational Airport (IPC) and major hotels, hostels, vacation homes, camping sites, downtown, etc.Travelers need to have the National Park Ticket to enter most of the sites. Ticket not included.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.