Polynesian Canoe Sunset Sail
Kamoauli is a locally owned, all-wood, double-hulled, traditional Polynesian canoe (wa’a kaulua) offering a one-of-a-kind native Hawaiian cultural and educational experience. Come sail along the beautiful Waikiki coastline and become immersed in the stories and history of place (Mo‘olelo) reflected through the land (ʻāina) and ocean (moana) aboard a classroom on the sea. Our cultural practitioner and crew involve guests in hands on activities, using native materials to make food, clothing, tools, and other traditional items. Ask questions, explore the deck, nets and hulls, take part in poi (taro) pounding or just relax and enjoy. 'Ukulele music and traditional chants ('oli) with locally-sourced traditional food and drinks are all part of this unique experience.
*Note: Due to COVID restrictions, all sails can only be booked as a private single group charter, with a minimum of one and a maximum of six passengers per charter. All ages are welcome, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cultural & Educational Activites - experience traditional food preparation and clothing manufacture.
- Learn about and participate in a traditional sunset 'oli ceremony
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waikiki, Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
E ho'okele kakou! Come experience Kamoauli, a traditional Polynesian wa'a kaulua - an all-wood, double-hulled sailing canoe!
Kamoauli is dedicated to preserving and perpetuating Hawaiian culture by offering a unique educational platform to share ka mo'olelo o ka 'aina - the native history, myths, legends and stories of this land - while sailing the waters of O'ahu's Kona district.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1125 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.