Pompeii All Inclusive Shared Tour From Naples or Rome
Pick up at meeting point and departure to Pompeii, the ancient Roman city destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in the 79 A.D.
Accompanied by a professional licensed tour guide you will discover all the uses and customs of this millenary city and its inhabitants:
Under the dominion of Rome, Pompeii became a municipium and then a "Veneria Cornelia Pompeianorum" colony.
Pompeii became the "holiday residence" of the Roman patriciate and, in the imperial age, many families favorable to the policy of Augustus, moved here and had buildings built such as the Temple of Fortuna Augusta and the Eumachia Building.
You'll pass through the street named Via Dell'Abbondanza, Full of restaurants, bars, bakeries, carpenters, laundries, greengrocers and private houses, Via dell'Abbondanza was the road of greatest ferment from the early hours of the morning. It passed near the Forum and the Comitium, and constituted the lower decumanus of the City of Pompeii.
**GUARANTEED DEPARTURE FROM 2 PAX**
per adult from
What's included :
- Round Trip Shuttle Service
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pompeii entrance fees with skip the line
- 2h Tour Guide in Pompeii
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
By the turn of the first century A.D., the town of Pompeii, located about five miles from the mountain, was a flourishing resort for Rome’s most distinguished citizens. Elegant houses and elaborate villas lined the paved streets. Tourists, townspeople and slaves bustled in and out of small factories and artisans’ shops, taverns and cafes, and brothels and bathhouses. People gathered in the 20,000-seat arena and lounged in the open-air squares and marketplaces. On the eve of that fateful eruption in 79 A.D., scholars estimate that there were about 12,000 people living in Pompeii and almost as many in the surrounding region.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Terminus, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 91, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
2: Porto di Napoli, Molo Angioino, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
3: Viale Castro Pretorio, 104, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.