Pompeii and Herculaneum Private Day Tour from Rome
In 62 A.D. a violent earthquake struck the Vesuvius area. Seventeen years later, on August 24, 79 A.D., the sudden eruption of Vesuvius buried Pompeii and Herculaneum with ashes and lapillus. The buried city was rediscovered in the 16th Century, but it was only in 1748 that the exploration phase began under the King of Naples Charles III of Bourbon. Our guides will bring you this ancient resort towns to life.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Pompeii
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Pompeii
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Herculaneum
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Herculaneum
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverages;
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
The spectral ruins of ancient Pompeii lead to one of the world's most engrossing archaeological experiences. Much of the site 's value is in the fact that the city is not blown away by Vesuvius in AD 79 but buried under a layer of lapilli (burning fragments of pumice stone). Walk in the streets of Rome, Rome, Rome, Rome, Italy. With a private and historical guide, you will be able to visit Europe's most important archaeological site.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Mount Vesuvius, submerged under a torrent of mud and lava after Mount Vesuvius eruption in 79 AD. The buildings have been walking down the streets Together with your guide, you'll visit many important sites, public baths with their well-preserved frescoes and mosaics, shops and the gymnasium.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 7:30 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Customers with physical limitations can walk inside the archeological area.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.