Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius Archaeological Park tour
Information on Blu Transfer
I'm Alessandro role manager & professional driver of the company "Blu Transfer". The latter collaborates with NCC professionals regularly enrolled in the register, with knowledge of the English language, happy to cordially satisfy every customer's need. From Naples Capodichino, Railway Stations, Hotels, B&B, Holiday Homes, to any destination and we are at the service of private customers, tour operators and travel agencies.
per adult from
4 to 8 hours
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Around 8.30 am we will come to pick you up at your hotel in Naples and we will go to the archaeological excavations of Pompeii in a private MiniVan
After a journey of about 40 minutes, we will arrive at the ruins of the ancient Roman city. On August 24, 79, Emperor Titus received one of the worst news of his reign: Vesuvius unleashed its fury on Stabia, Herculaneum and Pompeii. We will see closely the devastating effects of the volcano on the latter city along its roads, where we will observe how ash covered most of the urban layout.
The city was completely buried and forgotten until the eighteenth century. We will tell you the story of how, in this era, the remains were discovered thanks to the excavations encouraged by the future King of Spain Charles III. On our tour we will cross the forum where the Romans gathered and traded. We will learn about their lifestyle by visiting the remains of public buildings such as the lupanare, decorated with frescoes represented erotic scenes. In the majestic Casa dei Vettii we will admire the luxury that reigned in the homes of the wealthiest families.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
Around 12:30, we will then head towards Torre del Greco, located right at the foot of the most famous volcano in Campania.
We will begin a journey on foot that will take us to the summit of Vesuvius. At almost 1000 meters above sea level we will be able to enjoy amazing views over the entire Gulf of Naples. In this area of the western Mediterranean, the eruption that caused the devastation of the populations of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabia took place in the year 79 of the first century.
Coming down from the top of Vesuvius we will know other details about this tragic event that occurred at the time of the Roman Empire. We will also discover some curiosities about this mountain which, together with Etna, is one of the volcanoes of Western Europe which has hosted several shots in its surroundings.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Access for people with motor disabilities is allowed, provided they are accompanied and the folding wheelchair deposited in the luggage compartment
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.