Pompeii - From Naples
Once a bustling port town, Pompeii was completely destroyed in 79 AD by the devastating eruption of mount Vesuvio that buried the town under a thick layer of ashes and lava. Today, thanks to its natural preservation under the volcanic material, Pompeii is a vast archeological site that offers a unique glimpse into everyday life back in Roman times. Your guide will show what Pompeii looked like back at that time and will take you on a fascinating stroll through its ruins, which include among other things the oldest surviving stone amphitheater of the Roman world, the ancient forum, shops, patrician houses, the 1st-century Villa of Mysteries with stunning frescoes depicting the rituals of the “Dionysian Mysteries”and even the casts of some of the victims.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Expert Local Guide
- Pompeii entrance fee
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii, Pompeii, Province of Naples, Campania
Take a deep dive into ancient Roman history with this guided tour of Pompeii, an archeological site of rare historical value
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will meet you at your hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.