Pompeii, Herculaneum and wine tasting: Archaeological and wine Shore Excursion
A day spent between history and local flavours. Pompei and Herculaneum were 2 ancient Roman villages that were submerged by the ashes after the destructive eruption of the 79 A. D. of the Volcano Mount Vesuvio. Now they are of the most suggestive archaeological sites of the world. For a more intense experience the guide can book for you a private walking tour of the site with an authorized Archaeological guide that will explain the leads you trough the splendour of the Ancient Roman lifestyle and trough the horror of their last minutes. The tour will continue in the suggestive beauty of the National park of the Vesuvio to visit a local vineyard, there you could also assist the production system with the explanation of the chiefwinemaker, after the visit there will be time for lunch with all the Neapolitan typical products accompained by a tasting of different kind of their wine.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, tools, parking
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Walking tour with private guide inside the archaeological area (optional)
- The duration of the tour is around 8 hours. The rate does not include lunch at the winery, guided walking tour in the archaeological areas and entrance fees. You will have at disposal a private English speaking driver guide with Mercedes vehicle for the day. The itinerary will be very flexible and customizable. Following there is an example of usual itinerary:
Starting from hotel or cruise port in the morning, the first stop is in Pompei for a walking tour of about 2 hours with a guide (optional) or without as you prefer.
After the visit of the archaeological area, the tour will continue on the Volcano, in the suggestive beauty of the National park of the Mount Vesuvius to visit a local vineyard where will be time for lunch with all the Neapolitan typical products accompained by a tasting of different kind of their wine.
After lunch, or before it, depending on the time, you will see Herculaneum. This archaeological area is smaller than Pompeii and usually there is no need of a guide once you get inside and the visit is shorter than Pompeii.
The tour will end at the hotel or cruise port in the afternoon.
What is extra:
Pompeii entrance fee: 15,00 euro per person.
Herculaneum entrance fee: 11,00 euro per person.
Lunch and wine tour at the winery: 30,00 per person.
Optional private walking tour of 2 hours with archaeological guide: 120,00 euro in total for your group.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will find the driver holding a sign with your nameAirports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Porto Di Napoli, Piazzetta di Porto, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
2/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please don't forget to communicate: - Meeting point: name of the ship/ train/ hotel/port/ address - Meeting time - In case you are interested in the private walking tour inside the archaeological area please let us know in advance. There is need to book the guide in advance to ensure a good quality of the service.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.