Pompeii: living with the volcano
Visiting the ruins of Pompeii with a guide is an unmissable experience, both for the great charm of the site, and for the help in moving and in describing the places that a professional can give, evoking the suggestions linked to the habits and customs of life daily. A time machine at your disposal to return a few days before the eruption of 79 AD.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide service
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets to the site.
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
We will explore the buildings, the shops, the streets of Pompeii as an inhabitant of the city just one day before the dramatic eruption of 79 AD The daily life of the citizens of the city flows in front of us like a journey back in time. We will go with the Pompeians to the theater, in the immense amphitheater where we can enjoy the acrid taste of the brutal gladiator fights. We will eat with them in the take away of the 1st century BC, or as guests in the luxurious "domus" of the richest people in society. We will read on the walls the names of the candidates for the magistrates' elections. And finally, a moment of relaxation at the spa, before going to the splendid square of the civil forum. During our exploration we will meet the Pompeians who lost their lives in those frantic hours, covered by volcanic ash, fixed in their last moments of life by the brilliant work of archaeologists.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Archaeological Park of Pompeii, Via Villa dei Misteri, 2, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/2/2019 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to the particular state of the roads it is not recommended for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.