Pompeii Private Tour from Naples
In 62 A.D. a violent earthquake struck the Vesuvius area. Seventeen years later, on August 24, 79 A.D., the sudden eruption of Vesuvius buried Pompeii with ashes and lapillus. The buried city was rediscovered in the 16th Century, but it was only in 1748 that the exploration phase began, under the King of Naples Charles III of Bourbon. Our guide will bring this ancient resort town to life. We will continue the tour in a more relaxing manner visiting Sorrento. Perched picturesquely on a plateau above the sea with spectacular views over the Bay of Naples, Sorrento is one of the most popular tourist Italian destinations.The key attraction of Sorrento is that it can offer a variety of holiday experiences to suit different visitors, from rural walks through lemon and olive groves to a choice of excursions by land or sea.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur;
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Pompeii;
- Skip the line entrance tickets in the archeological area of Pompeii
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional).
- Food and beverages unless specified;
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
The spectral ruins of ancient Pompeii lead to one of the world's most engrossing archaeological experiences. Much of the site's value lies in the fact that the town wasn't simply blown away by Vesuvius in AD 79 but buried under a layer of lapilli (burning fragments of pumice stone). The result is a remarkably well-preserved slice of ancient life, where visitors can walk down Roman streets and pry around millennial old houses, temples, shops, cafes and amphitheatres. With a private and historian guide, you will be able to visit what is considered to be Europe’s most important archaeological site.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B.: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults.
- Customers with physical limitations can have problems walking inside the archeological area.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.