Pompeii: The liveliest of the dead cities
Thanks to books, novels and films today we know a lot about this Roman city: instead, I want to show you what is unknown about it.
The main economic activity was the cultivation and export of wine and olive oil to all Mediterranean countries
Ships from Greece from Spain, Egypt, and Turkey arrived directly at Porta Marina, the main gate of the city which was much closer to the sea today. The eruption of 79 BC it "set back" the coast by about 600 meters
So let's discover the city through the eyes of a sailor who arrives here after months of traveling on the waves.
ATTENTION: Pompeii Archaeological Park is closed on Monday
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Licenced Guide Service for the visit inside the Archaeological Area
- Bottled water - A small bottle of water
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees to ruins Adult 16€ per person 0 - 18 years old free entrance. Please bring with you your ID Card
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Journey through history: we will visit the Forum, the Temple of Apollo, the Basilica, the Cardi, the Decumani and then again houses, shops, mosaics, public baths, bakeries and much more!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Pompeii - Porta Marina, 80045 Pompei, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.