Pompeii with an archaeologist, private visit at sunset
Are you ready for the one true Pompeii experience with an archaeologist who has actually excavated and conducted research projects at the Pompeii archaeological site? Then get ready for an unparalleled tour ...
I am a local archaeologist and tour guide and not an agency as often in other cases, this means that the visit will be held by me or my trusted fellow archaeologists who have actually excavated in Pompeii.
The absence of crowds and heat are an unparalleled added value, which combined with the splendid afternoon light, allow you to live a unique experience of its kind.
per adult from
What's included :
- Archaeologist guide
- 100% private tour
- Absence of the crowd and the heat
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket (€ 16 adults, € 2 European between 18 and 24 years, free for children under 18)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
We will dive into the ancient city of Pompeii in the afternoon, this will allow us to appreciate the charm that the site reserves for visitors thanks to the beautiful afternoon light that enhances its details, and to the absence of the crowd and the heat that instead distinguishes the site during the morning band.
The visit begins with an introduction on the history of the city and the Vesuvian territory; the tour continues through an area of the ancient city which in ancient times stretched over 66 hectares.
During the tour led by an archaeologist, we will visit some public and private buildings of ancient Pompeii, for example: the area of theaters, spas, the forum with a splendid view of Vesuvius, the house with splendid frescoes and mosaics, the typical shops, the lupanare and the moving bodies (casts), obtained through the use of liquid plaster.
Everything will be well-paced, without neglecting the aspects of everyday life that characterized the Roman cities.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Via Villa dei Misteri, 2, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Due to current health regulations, the use of the mask in closed places is mandatory
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to current health regulations, the use of the mask in closed places is mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.