Ponce Historical City Tour
Delve into the history and culture of Ponce — home to museums, prehistoric sites, and vibrant gardens — on this 10-hour day trip. Depart from your San Juan hotel and travel to the 17th-century city, where a guide will show you around its many sights and you’ll have included admission to Ponce Museum of Art, Tibes Ceremonial Indian Park (depending on availability), and other attractions. Enjoy the personalized attention that comes from booking a small-group tour of no more than 15 participants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- San Juan hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de las Delicias
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Arte de Ponce
- Entry/Admission - Tibes Indigenous Ceremonial Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de las Delicias, Ponce 00717 Puerto Rico
Begin with pickup from your San Juan location and travel in the company of your guide and small group to Ponce, roughly 1.5 hours heading South. During this traveling time you will have the opportunity to admire how Puerto Rico’s diverse geography goes from city/urban, to the lush tropical mountain areas, reaching then the dry zone of the South.
You will visit the Ponce’s Historic Zone, known for its unique architecture and downtown plaza. Here you will see historical landmarks such as Our Lady of Guadalupe Cathedral, the century-old red-and-black wooden firehouse Parque de Bombas, and the neoclassical and Spanish Revival facades as you go. All while receive interesting and educational facts from your professional certified guide.
During the course of the tour we will stop at a Puerto Rican restaurant to enjoy from an authentic lunch (food cost not included).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo de Arte de Ponce, 2325 Ave. Las Americas, Ponce 00717 Puerto Rico
You will also pay a visit to the Ponce Museum of Art, the largest art museum in the Caribbean. Peruse more than 5,000 European and Latin American works — some dating back 500 years, as well as a growing collection of contemporary art. Admire iconic pieces such as Fredrick Lord Leighton’s gorgeous Flaming June, and Brushstrokes in Flight, a 28-foot-high painted metal sculpture by Roy Lichtenstein that marks the main entrance.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tibes Indigenous Ceremonial Center, Rte. 503, Ponce 00730 Puerto Rico
Depending on the day of the week and your interests, we may also visit the Tibes Ceremonial Indian Park, an ancient Indian site that’s the oldest cemetery uncovered to date in the Antilles. Wander along its 12 stone structures, including ceremonial plazas and ball courts (nine of which are open to the public today).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up for locations in Old San Juan, Miramar, Condado, Isla Verde.Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cancellation after confirmation is possible if there are not enough passengers to meet the 3-person tour requirement. If this occurs you will be offered an alternative tour date or full refund
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.