Ponte de Lima & Viana Private Wine Tour & Tastings - Full Day - 1 Winery
Visit one oldest and charming towns of northern Portugal. Sit on the southern banks of the slow-flowing Lima River, where the Romans constructed a bridge in 1AD. During the early Roman rule of Portugal, they believed that the Lima River was the Lethe River, one of the Underworld Rivers of Hades. They were fearful as they believed that anyone who immersed in its waters would lose their mind to Oblivion.
Its heritage is composed by delightful assortment of ancient houses, pretty plazas and grand religious buildings.
The Lima Valley is the native home of Loureiro grapes, and these are used to produce the region’s light and refreshing Vinho Verdes wines, whose belong to one demarcated region of Portugal.
Among the traditional gastronomic dishes, the rice of Sarrabulho, is the fashion of Ponte de Lima and the Naco de Minhota are the main highlight of this gastronomic discovery. If you prefer the fish, accept the region's invitation and enjoy typical dishes such as Lamprey or Onion Cod.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit to Quinta do Ameal with 3 Table Wines tastings (White, Red and Reserve)
- Gourmet Lunch with Green wine.
- Personal accident and liability insurance.
- Our chauffeurs have knowledge and ethics required for confidential business matters
- Our chauffeurs provide a concierge service for any requirements.
- Our executive vehicles provide Wi-Fi, bottled water, refreshments and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Live tour commentary provided in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Entry/Admission - Santuario de Santa Luzia
- Entry/Admission - Endless Weekend Tours
What's excluded :
- Admission to venues & attractions along the tour route.
- Gratuities are not included and is left to individual discretion.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Liberdade Square, Avenida dos Aliados Baixa, Porto 4000-322 Portugal
The Praça da Liberdade (Liberty Square) is Porto’s main square and it connects the old town with the modern part of the city.
The plaza is in the heart of Porto, very close to the Torre dos Clérigos (Clérigos Tower) and São Bento Railway Station.
In the middle of the Praça is a 10-meter bronze equestrian statue of King Peter IV from 1862. The King holds the Constitution in his hands and shows it to the people, itself a symbol of the King since he fought to protect it during the Liberal Wars.
Stop At: Igreja da Misericordia de Ponte de Lima, 4990 Rua do Postigo, Ponte de Lima 4990-103 Portugal
Dating back to the institution in 1530, the current church was erected in the 17th and 18th centuries, consisting of a single nave, a chancel with a coffered vault (1638) and a main portico open laterally over the cemetery, which is the churchyard currently closed by a curious railing, the effect of the porch balcony that delimits this enclosure being remarkable.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Igreja Matriz de Ponte de Lima, Largo da Matriz, Ponte de Lima 4990-045 Portugal
Ordered to be built by D. João I in 1425, its conclusion is probably from 1446.
The various transformations and extensions over the centuries are very visible, due to the overlapping of several styles - Romanesque, Gothic and Neoclassical, such as the Gothic portal topped by an 18th century rose window.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mosteiro de Santa Maria de Refoios do Lima, Ponte de Lima Portugal
The building of the Monastery of Refoios, founded in the 12th century by D. Afonso Ansemondes, for Canons of the Rule of St. Augustine, currently houses the installations of the Superior School of Agrarian of Ponte de Lima, being next to the imposing Parish Church of the parish that gives the name of the group - Refoios de Lima.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Torres de Sao Paulo e da Cadeia Velha, Passeio 25 de Abril, Ponte de Lima 4990-058 Portugal
Classified as Real Estate of Public Interest, as well as the wall cloth that unites them, the Tower of Old Chain and the Tower of S. Paulo (which also had the Expectação Tower and Postigo Tower) are the most notorious of what remains of the old Ponte de Lima wall, which, in addition to the walled structure, was made up of towers and doors, an ensemble built in the reign of Pedro I in the fourteenth century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ponte Romana, Rua Doutor Araujo Lima, Ponte de Lima 4990-022 Portugal
The former libris of Ponte de Lima, which along with the river that bathes the village, gave the name to the locality, is its bridge. In fact, it is a set formed by two bridges: a medieval section, of greater dimension, that begins in the left margin and extends until the Church of Santo António of the Old Tower and it passes even in two arcs. Then the section of the Roman bridge. They are only five arches from the great arch that is in dry bed.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pelourinho de Ponte de Lima, Passeio 25 de Abril, Ponte de Lima 4990-150 Portugal
The primitive pillory is attributed to the 16th century and was erected on the beach, roughly in front of the S. Paulo tower.
At the beginning of the 19th century, arms from the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarve were added. Compulsively demolished at the end of the liberal struggles, it was rebuilt in the Estado Novo in front of the Paços do Concelho using some identified fragments of the primitive monument.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Santuario de Santa Luzia, Estrada de Santa Luzia, Viana do Castelo 4900-408 Portugal
The temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus built on the western spur of the Santa Luzia mountain, from where the city of Viana do Castelo dominates and “blesses”, is undoubtedly one of the best known and most emblematic monuments in the country. It is an excellent example of revivalist architecture bringing together monumental yet harmonious neo-Romanesque, neo-Byzantine and neo-gothic elements, by one of the architects of greater national and international projection at the time, the high-minhoto architect Miguel Ventura Terra (1866-1919), author, by example, the remodeling of the São Bento Palace, currently the Assembly of the Republic. Although the project dates back to 1898, the work only started in the early years of the 20th century, and the temple was opened for worship on August 22, 1926, after the death of its author, and was only completed in 1943, almost half a decade. after.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Endless Weekend Tours, R. Poente da Colónia do Dr. Manuel Laranjeira 10, 4200-451 Porto, Portugal
Endless Weekend offers driver-guided private tours in and from Porto to their monuments and histories, to nature regions, to demarcated wine regions, gastronomic and much more, all at the helm of our luxury Vans and Suvs.
Rain or shine, we have a good time!
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Praça da Liberdade 19, 4000-322 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience, from all Porto and Gaia downtown Hotels and B&BAirports
- Porto Airport, Porto Portugal
- Porto de Leixões
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Accessible for those with limited mobility.
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- If you have limited mobility, please inform us when you call to confirm your reservation.
- You must inform us if you need child safety seat for children under 8 years of age or 4 foot 9 inches (144 cm) tall.
- It's forbidden to smoke, eat or drink any drink other than water inside the vehicle.
- Most travelers can participate
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- For international guests, please be aware the legal drinking age in Portugal is 18 years of age.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Endless Weekend Tours® received its guarantee seal - Clean & Safe in May 2020 from the Portuguese National Tourist Office.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.