Pope Francis Tour in Buenos Aires
Follow the educational and religious path made by Jorge Bergoglio before he became Pope Francis! On this 3-hour tour in Buenos Aires, birthplace of the current pope, you’ll visit all of the formative places that shaped his character, from schools to churches — and even a sports club. This tour is for participants of any age who want to know more about the background of this historical world religious leader. Numbers are limited to 20 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de San Ignacio de Loyola
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Calle Defensa Bairro San Telmo, Buenos Aires Argentina
Meet your guide and small group in San Telmo and make your way to the city center aboard a comfortable minivan. Start your tour at the place where Bergoglio lived with his parents and siblings during his first years of life. Visit formative educational institutions, such as the College of Our Lady of Mercy and Universidad del Salvador, a Jesuit university. See where the pope took his sacraments and received his religious vocation, including Basilica of San José de Flores, where he devoted his life to God when he was just 17 years old.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Iglesia de San Ignacio de Loyola, Calle Bolivar 225 Esquina Alsina 520, Buenos Aires 1091 Argentina
In addition to educational and religious sites, your guide will take your small group to the San Lorenzo de Almagro Athletic Club, where you’ll learn about the pope’s love of futbol (soccer).
Continue your tour to the San Ignacio de Loyola Church.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de Mayo, Av. Hipolito Yrigoyen S/N, Buenos Aires Argentina
Then, you will head to the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral, which overlooks Plaza de Mayo. Considered the main Catholic church in Buenos Aires, the 16th-century cathedral was rebuilt several times in a mix of architectural styles. It was here that the Argentinean people waited to hear the designation of the successor to Pope Benedicto XVI.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Tangol Travel Agency, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires AR, Defensa 831, C1065 AAO, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Plaza de Mayo, Av. Hipólito Yrigoyen 300-240, C1086AAB CABA, Argentina
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance, in case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.