Port Arthur and Tassie Devils Active Day Tour from Hobart
Our tours offer guests an active day walking in nature while enjoying the beautiful surrounds . Tour itineraries are fast paced and active designed to fit in as much as possible into the day, including hiking, sightseeing, and many stops along the way. We do offer shorter walking options for our guests wanting an easier day out.
• Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5 hours)
• Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
• Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding!
• Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade 2km)
• See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
• Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
• Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory
• Visit historic Richmond Village
• Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo entrance fee
- Tassie Devil Feeding
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
- Professional guides & interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- We offer a Hotel pickup from most central city hotels and Hostels.
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks: You can find restaurants to choose from to suit budget at The Historic Site.
- We do not offer pickups from Air Bnb's and private residences.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
Join us for a fun and action-packed day out on the Tasman Peninsula. Explore, discover and learn with our guides as we enjoy a variety of activities, walks, sightseeing, history, chocolate tasting and much more!
Today is action packed and fast paced, so we make an early start from Hobart and drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery. It is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout which provides a great vantage here of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and “The Dogline” our Tour Guides will share with you some truly amazing history and stories of the area.
Then we begin one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks”. We follow a spectacular track, of around 2 km’s along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes, is undulating, but categorised as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
Next stop is the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo. We arrive here for all the action of a Tasmanian Devil Feeding. Watch the snarling, fighting and bone crushing in a spectacle of devilish behaviour during the feeding. Hand feed the wallabies and walk amongst the local fauna and flora in the charming “Unzoo” setting, all activities are supervised by the Unzoo staff with the animals free to approach you as they please!
Continuing our journey, we arrive at the Port Arthur Historic Site. As we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, there is a wealth of information and history to take in and you will have time to explore with around 2.5 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system and get a sense of the isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”.
On our return to Hobart, we make a stop at Federation Chocolate Factory, a small family run boutique chocolate stop, with a variety of chocolate flavours to sample. Further along we arrive in the late afternoon into historic Richmond Village. Meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Finally, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view across Hobart from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 5.00–5.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
• Hotel pick ups are scheduled between 7.00am - 7.25am from select hotels and hostels in the central city area (tour departs Hobart at 7.30am)• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to your departure• If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point is 7.25am at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (20 Davey Street, Hobart)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.