Port Wine Lodges Tour Including 7 Wine Tastings
Experience what makes Port Wine unique and how it distinguishes from other wines. Learn how and when to consume it and to identify the differences between the different Port Wine families.
(port wine is sweet, it is a dessert type of wine)
Learn about its history and how the world's oldest demarcated wine region is nowadays.
Visit 3 port wine brands and try 7 different Port Wines - including a visit to a traditional wine cellar learning all about Port Wine production and aging, a small producer tasting room and a visit to a modern interactive museum with a professional tasting room and workshop learning how to taste wine.
By the end of this tour you should understand why Port Wines are so unique and exclusive to the Douro valley, what the different kinds of wine are, and how to taste them like professionals.
The group takes a maximum of 22 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- 7 wine tastings
- Local guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Wine lodge entry tickets
- 4h Tour (all walking) - Farthest walk is 800m
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto Walkers - Free Walking Tours & Experiences, Praça da Liberdade, Estátua de Dom Pedro IV, Porto 4000-322 Portugal
This is us!
Pass By: Ponte de Dom Luis I, Pte. Luiz I, Porto Portugal
Pass without stopping
Departure Point :Pillars of the Old Suspension Bridge, Cais da Ribeira 24, 4000-509 Porto, Portugal
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- MEETING POINT: By the pillars of the old Pensil bridge, next to the D. Luis Bridge (lower level), on Porto's side.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.