Portage Glacier Cruise a Self-Guided Tour
This self-guided Portage Glacier Cruise is truly idea for the independent traveler.
Portage Glacier Cruise a Self-Guided Tour is a Self-Guided Tour is for those who enjoy getting away from the crowd and explore on their own and at their pace. You self-guided tour starts at 8 a.m. and you will arrive at Portage at 9:15 a.m. This gives you a chance to hike to the boat launch just 20 minutes from the Portage Glacier Lodge where the boat departs at 10:30 a.m. You may want to grab a stack at the lodge to enjoy on the boat. After the boat take a leisurely walk to the Byron Glacier trail and start your hike. The Byron glacier trail is moderate and fairly flat. It takes 20 minutes to get to the face of Byron and 20 minutes to get back. Then its a 15 minute walk back to the lodge for your shuttle back to Anchorage which will depart at 12:45 p.m. with an arrival back in Anchorage at 3:05 p.m.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Round-trip transfer on the Turnagain Shuttle
What's excluded :
- Customer must pay for the Portage Glacier Cruise Separately.
- Entry/Admission - Portage Glacier
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Portage Glacier, Portage Lake Loop, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK
Set your own pace by taking the Turnagain Arm Shuttle to Portage Lake and enjoy the surrounding beuty with lite hikes or walks before enjoying a narrated cruise around the lake and up close to Portage Glacier. Time your day with the Portage Glacier Cruise using the 2019 schedule below: Daily May 15 - September 16
Departures: 10:30 am, 12:00 noon, 1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:30 pm
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cruise departures may vary if a cruise is sold out. Please be ready to be flexible.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.