Portage Glacier Cruise and Wildlife Explorer Tour
Take a Shuttle down Turnagain Arm and Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Alaska on an outing that showcases the state's striking geographical features and abundant native wildlife. Spot hanging glaciers and Dall sheep as you drive along Turnagain Arm, then take an unforgettable cruise right up to the face of Portage Glacier.
• Shuttle Guided Tour along the Turnagain Arm, one of the worlds greatest scenic drives.
• One hour cruise to the face of Portage Glacier with Park Service Ranger.
• Visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conversation Center to view Alaska's most spectacular animals up close.
• Be prepared to walk through the Wildlife Center and be shuttled from Wildlife Center to Glacier.
• A shuttle will pick you up off the boat at 5:30 p.m. for your ride back to Anchorage with picturesque photo stops.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Portage Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Portage Glacier, Portage Lake Loop, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK
Experience the sheer awesome face of a mighty Alaska glacier on your one-hour cruise aboard the mv Ptarmigan. Standing just 300 yards from a relic of the Ice Age and watching for icebergs to break off the glacier and crash into the water below. You will find out why Portage Glacier is Alaska's second most visited attraction.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Mile 79 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
At the 140-acre Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, jaws drop in awe-even those of longtime Alaskans. AWCC’s mission is to provide refuge for orphaned, injured and ill animals-those that can’t survive in the wild. The center also educates visitors about Alaska’s Wildlife. Some animals you will see are brown bears, black bears, wolf pack, wood bison, moose etc...
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chugach National Forest, Alaska
Take our breathtaking ride down the Seward Highway voted top scenic byways in America where you will view awe-inspiring stops along Turnagain Arm.
Alaska's Seward Highway climbs over mountain passes where you're surrounded by jaw-dropping views of jagged peaks, rain forests, crystal lakes and the Pacific Ocean. This highway truly is, a photographer's dream. Potter Marsh marks the end of city views and the beginning of wilderness—it's absolutely a "birder's" paradise! While driving along this road, we stop at many opportunities with ample time to take in the breathtaking views that will make your soul sing.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide hotel information at booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.