Portillo & Laguna del Inca Private Tour from Santiago
By acquiring a visit to Portillo you can get to know one of the most important ski centers in Chile and marvel at the beautiful views of the Laguna del Inca and the Cordillera de Los Andes.
It will be a private activity where you can learn more not only about the natural beauty of the area but about the history of the country, from the struggle for independence until today.
Take this opportunity to learn more about the area of Portillo and Laguna del Inca with this excursion. Book your place right now!
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up & Drop off from selected hotels
- Private transportation
- Private Guide
What's excluded :
- Tips and other extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monument to the Victory of Chacabuco, Chile 8, Batuco, Lampa, Región Metropolitana, Chile
You and our private guide will leave from Santiago in the morning to head towards the Intermediate Depression, a valley that is in the middle of two mountain ranges: to the east the Cordillera de Los Andes and to the west the Cordillera de La Costa.
We will make our first stop at the Chacabuco Monument, where we can see in person the place where one of the battles for the Independence of Chile happened in 1817.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Aconcagua, Mendoza Province, Argentina
We will make our first stop at the Chacabuco Monument, where we can see in person the place where one of the battles for the Independence of Chile happened in 1817. We will continue our way through a tunnel that serves as a regional limit to meet the highest mountain in the southern hemisphere, the Mount Aconcagua.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ferrocarril Trasandino Los Andes-Mendoza, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza Province, Argentina
On our trip we will also find the old Trasandino Railroad line, an old disused railway that linked the Chilean city of Los Andes with the Argentine city of Mendoza.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Río Blanco, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
Before arriving in Portillo we will pass through Rio Blanco, where we will see small towns, mining camps, and glaciers framed by the imposing mountains.
Stop At: Portillo, Los Andes, Valparaíso, Chile
We will finally arrive at our first destination, home of the World Ski Championship in 1966. Here in Portillo, we will have time to explore the area, and we can appreciate how the man built some sheds to prevent avalanches that occur in the winter season.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laguna del Inca, Portillo 2100000 Chile
We will have time for lunch (lunch not included) in a special place where we can marvel at the stunning view of Laguna del Inca, and explore the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.