Poseidon Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling and Diving Cruise from Port Douglas
Based in Port Douglas, Poseidon is a modern 24metre (79ft) dive and snorkel catamaran designed for personalised Great Barrier Reef dive and snorkel adventures. With access to over 35 pristine outer reef locations at the Agincourt ribbon reefs, Poseidon visits three different and diverse sites each day, catering for snorkellers, and the option for introductory and certified diving. Buffet lunch, guided snorkel tour, reef interpretation, use of snorkel gear, lycra suits and snorkel briefs at each site are included. All scuba dives are guided and equipment included. Poseidon also has a special permit allowing guests to swim with the Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered in season.
per adult from
What's included :
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Reef interpretation talk
- Environmental Management Charge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hotels in the Port Douglas area only)
- Morning tea, coffee and cake, focaccia on boarding, Afternoon tea
- Entry/Admission - Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside the Port Douglas area
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
Cruising from Port Douglas aboard the modern high speed dive and snorkel catamaran Poseidon, you’ll have more time to spend at three fabulous snorkeling and diving sites on Agincourt Reef’s outer limits. Renowned for its coral and marine life, the reef is known for being the best diving and snorkeling day trip destination from Port Douglas.
This cruise suits experienced divers and beginners alike, whether you’re a certified diver or you just want to go snorkeling. If you’re a diver, you can take up to three dives into the Great Barrier Reef’s coral gardens. You have your choice of diving from the mooring site, doing a drift drive back to the vessel or taking an excursion to less easily accessed sites depending on the conditions of the day.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
If you’d prefer to stay on top of the water, go snorkeling in sheltered lagoons with breathtaking drop-offs. Learn about the Great Barrier Reef’s fragile ecosystem during a reef interpretation talk, and then take a guided snorkel tour for an informed look at the reef’s tropical fish and coral.
Poseidon has been specially designed to enhance your snorkeling and diving adventure with a lowering transom for easier access to the water, an air-conditioned saloon and open deck areas for relaxing on the reef. You’ll also have plenty of chances to hydrate and re-fuel with an included morning tea, afternoon tea and buffet lunch with prawns.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring towel, swimmers, sunscreen and hat
- Minimum age for diving is 12 years
- Scuba Diving guidelines for 'flying': If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying (to an altitude of 300 metres or greater). If doing multiple dives, an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.