Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle from Trieste
Visit Postojna Cave, the best-known cave in the world, and The Predjama Castle, the only preserved cave castle in Europe.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Postojna Cave
- Entry/Admission - Predjama Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Trieste, Trieste, Province of Trieste, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed starting point in Trieste - hotel, cruise terminal, train station etc. (please contact us after the booking so the appropriate arrangements can be made).
Stop At: Postojna Cave, Jamska cesta 30, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
Postojna Cave, the queen of all caves, is the best-known cave in the world. It is also the greatest tourist attraction in Slovenia and one of the world’s largest karst monuments. This is the only place in the world where the underground landscape can be traversed on an electric train and where you get to meet this underground kingdom’s most famous inhabitant – the proteus (olm) – up close. A fantastic web of tunnels, passages, galleries and halls, astonishing diversity of karst features, as well as easy access are certainly the main reasons for such popularity of the cave and a large number of visitors (more than 36 million of them in over 200 years).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Predjama Castle, Predjama 1, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
The Predjama Castle reigns over the surrounding area, not far from the Postojna Cave, in the idyllic village of Predjama. This picturesque, magnificent, defiant, mysterious and impregnable castle has been perched up in the middle of a vertical 123-meter high cliff for more than 800 years. Its romantic appeal is further emphasized by the idyllic Lokva River, which disappears into the underground world deep down below the castle. As the only preserved cave castle in Europe, the Predjama Castle offers a unique insight into the building techniques and resourcefulness of people in the Middle Ages, who were looking for and found a safe harbor for themselves right at the entrance into the cave. During a siege that took place in the 15th century, the castle provided a refuge for its best known and most notorious owner - Erazem of Predjama. The legend about the courageous robber baron Erazem, who remained undefeated until one of his servants betrayed him, is still in people’s minds, inspiring and alluring as ever. It was this safe abode of his which helped the brave knight resist the besiegers without much difficulty for more than a year.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- The pickup is flexible (any hotel, apartment, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc.).- For Cruise Passengers the tour departs from Cruise Passenger Terminal in Trieste, Italy. Your guide will be holding a sign with KoperTrips and Viator logos. - For Hotel Guests the departure location is flexible. Please advise supplier as soon as possible your hotel details or any other preferred pickup location.Ports
- Port of Trieste
Departure Time :1/5/2020 - 10/21/2021
10/23/2020 - 10/23/2020
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location
- Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.