Prague Church Walking Tour
The history of religion in Prague is vast and rich, the presence that left behind forms part of the main landmarks of this beautiful city. With this tour Immerse in the history of Prague churches and religion history.
With this tour we cover the Churches that are landmarks of Prague on both sides of the river. From the heart of Prague visit Old Town and New Town. Walk through the castle district to St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague Castle grounds and visit the Lesser Quarter.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We begin our day at Wenceslas square (New Town) and walk to the Old Town to see St. Havel church one of the first churches established during the 13th century and we continue through the cobblestones of the Old Town to reach St. Jakub and Tyn church, one of the most iconic landmarks in Prague.
Crossover the Vltava River and when you enter the Little Quarter (Mala Strana) to visit the monumental St. Nicholas church, the place that helped Mozart get the inspiration for his masterpieces. Enjoy a short walk around the Mala Strana to see the Infant Jesus of Prague that has drawn many devotees worldwide to honour him. Many who petitioned before the Infant Jesus have ask for blessings, favours and miraculous healings.
Hop on a local tram to go uphill to the Castle district and visit the Loreto his Marian pilgrimage site with the Baroque Church of the Nativity and a replica of the Holy House is surrounded by cloisters and chapels. The Loreto treasure consists of a rare collection of liturgical objects from the 16th to 18th centuries, the most famous of which is the "Prague Sun", a monstrance encrusted with 6,222 diamonds!.
During this walking tour you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic from Prague Castle and visit St. Vitus cathedral the biggest landmark of the city. Finish this experience with St. George basilica the oldest church at Prague Castle. After the tour you can stay longer at the Castle to enjoy the museum and before we say goodbye we can have some time to mark maps, give a bit more of travel tips and above all, tell you where to get the best beer!
Departure Point :Just at the corner of Wenceslas square (Václavské náměstí ) and Jindřišská street.
Departure Time :9:45 am
Return Detail :The tour will finish at Prague Castle
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.