Prague Food by Foot Walking Tour with Food-loving local guide
Many guidebooks speak solely of Prague’s hearty, carnivorous, traditional fare, relaying only outdated information of our city’s bursting food scene. We’re here to show you otherwise. Step outside the city center and get to know Prague the best way we can think of: through your belly. We’ll taste everything from traditional to inventive, including a Michelin Bib Gourmand honouree.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, transportation to/from the meeting and end points, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Join us as we make a whirlwind tour of Prague’s food, drink, and cultural scene. This is more than just a food tour, this is a chance to get to know the people, the lifestyle, the history, and ups and downs of the city. It’s a cultural excursion set around good food, drink, and conviviality — just as a food tour should be!
We’ll start things out right in a modern bistro with a knack for things homemade. A short walk through an up-and-coming neighbourhood in Prague will show us that even the parts outside the centre are well worth exploring and learning about, and will leave you wanting more food. Not to worry though, because before long we’ll be sitting in a modern classic Czech pub, enjoying a homemade soda or a lager paired with some traditional pub fare from locally sourced ingredients. This boozer is a great place to learn a bit about the history of the region and how seriously we take our beer.
Although we love our pubs dearly, our next place is a mere stone’s throw away and we don’t want to keep it waiting. This restaurant/bakery was awarded the Bib Gourmand in the 2017 Michelin Guide, and they don’t disappoint. With a focus on homemade and homegrown, this place is a paradise for your tastebuds. They play with fermentation, wood-fire baking and roasting, as well as natural foods and herbs. Sound intriguing? You should taste it.
Continuing along the old dusty path (possibly literally), we’ll have ourselves a quick digestif from a family-owned, all-natural distillery whose plums come from the environmentally protected region of the White Carpathians — a real taste of our Moravia region. Our feet will have a short break as we take public transit towards another stunning neighbourhood. There, we’ll have house-roasted coffee and cake at a cosy café before making our way to a beer garden in a park and catching a stunning view of our city that is to die for.
Departure Point :Thámova 32, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín, Czechia
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Letná Park, Letenské sady, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. In summer months, bring a hat and sunscreen. This tour departs rain or shine, so you may want to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- For vegans and lactose-intolerant travellers, please note that Czech cuisine relies heavily on dairy and animal products, making it nearly impossible to show you traditional Czech cuisine. Please contact us if you would like recommendations of good places for you to try outside of this tour – we are happy to help.
- Travellers under 12 years old are not permitted to join the tour.
- We reserve the right to change the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the venues is closed. In the event of a change of menu, we will pick the best alternative, ensuring no loss in quality or quantity of inclusions.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.