Prague Highlights Bike Tour with Old Town & Prague Castle
If you’re looking for a fun and active way to see the best of central Prague, this bike tour is just the ticket! Discover Prague’s Old Town and other central city attractions by pedaling past them with a knowledgeable guide. You’ll see one landmark after another, including Wenceslas Square, the Estates Theatre, Old Town Square, the Jewish quarter and the Charles Bridge. Plus, ride across the Vltava River to Kampa Park and see sculptures by native artist David Cerný, learning about the history of Prague as you go. With a maximum of 15 people, this bike tour provides a small-group experience.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Bicycle hire with optional helmet
- Baby seats and children's bikes available upon request
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Meet your guide in Old Town and listen to a quick safety briefing before hopping on your bike and beginning your Prague bike tour. Head first across the Vltava River, pausing on Strelecky Island to hear a story about the Czech National Theatre.
Continue to the river’s western side, making your way to Kampa Park, where you’ll cruise through to see the famous baby statues by Czech artist David Cerný, whose work tends to be very unique and sometimes hilariously bizarre. You’ll also enjoy a great view of the Charles Bridge, whose 650-plus-year history you'll learn about from your guide.
Next pedal to the John Lennon wall, a collection of street art that became representative of protest against communism in the ‘80s, before riding past the Kafka Museum, outside of which you’ll see another piece of interesting work by Cerný.
Head back across the river to explore the old Jewish quarter, where you’ll see a few very old sites, including the Old Jewish Cemetery, which was in use from the 15th century, and the Old New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in Europe. Then make your way to Old Town Square to see one of Prague’s most famous attractions – the Astronomical Clock. The square is also home many churches, including the Church of Our Lady Before Týn, and other historical sites, which you’ll hear about from your guide.
From here, wind your way past the medieval buildings of Old Town to the Powder Tower, the Gothic city gate that dates back to the 1400s, and then pedal to the Estates Theatre, where Mozart premiered his opera Don Giovanni in the 1780s.
Your last stop before ending your tour where you started is Wenceslas Square, one of the city’s main squares and the historical center of much of Prague’s change over the last century, including the Czech Uprising and the Velvet Revolution.
Refreshment stop is included: coffee or soft drink on your choice.
Departure Point :Michalská 432/12, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must know how to ride a bike and be fit for light continuous biking for 3 hours with short breaks
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We encourage you to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.