Prague Old Town Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
Discover Prague’s Old Town and other central city attractions on this three-hour walking tour. With a knowledgeable guide, walk from one famous landmark to the next, including Wenceslas Square, the Estates Theatre, Old Town Square, the Jewish quarter and the Charles Bridge. See beautiful historic buildings and admire the medieval architecture, learning about the history of Prague as you go. You’ll take a break for an included beverage! This tour is limited to 15 people, ensuring you'll enjoy a small-group atmosphere with your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Coffee, tea, mineral water or beer
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Meet your guide in central Prague and begin your city walking tour with a stroll through the charming alleyways and streets of Old Town, passing sites like Betlemske Chapel. Throughout your tour, your educated guide will regale you with tidbits of Prague history and culture, telling you about the triumphs and tragedies that have taken place in the city over the past 1,000 years.
Follow your guide past sculptures and monuments, making your way to Wenceslas Square, one of the city’s main squares and the historic center of the country’s 20th-century battle against communism and fascism. As you stand amid the city bustle of the square, hear about the Czechs who fought for freedom for their country.
Continue through the heart of the city, passing the Estates Theatre, where Mozart dazzled in 1787 with the premiere of his opera Don Giovanni, and Charles University, which was founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in Europe. Head to Old Town Square, where you’ll admire its candy-colored buildings, fairytale-like churches with ornate architecture and Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock, which dates back to the early 1400s.
Next, take a break at a local cafe for a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of Czech beer. When you’ve refueled, continue your walking tour to the city’s old Jewish quarter, where you’ll learn about the nearly 12 centuries of history of Jewish people in Prague. See the Old Jewish Cemetery, which was in use from the 15th century, and the Old New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in Europe.
Finish your tour with a walk to the riverfront, where you’ll stand on the edge of the Vltava and enjoy a wonderful view of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, two of the city’s most famous sights.
Departure Point :Michalská 432/12, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Charles Bridge, Karlův most, Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Group size is maximum 10 people per departure. Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.