Prague Private Old Town Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
Explore Old Town and other central Prague attractions on this private walking tour. With an experienced guide, spend three enjoyable hours walking from one famous landmark to the next, including Wenceslas Square, the Estates Theatre, the Astronomical Clock, the Old New Synagogue and the Charles Bridge. See beautiful historic buildings and admire the medieval architecture, learning about the history of Prague as you go from your private guide.
per adult from
180 to 210 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English speaking guide
- Refreshment stop
- Meet on location or optional pick-up
What's excluded :
- Entry to sights and museums
- Hotel drop-off
- Your private guide will meet you at your Prague hotel, and then your city walking tour starts with a stroll through the charming alleyways and streets of Old Town, passing sites like Betlemske Chapel. Throughout your tour, your knowledgeable guide will open your eyes to Prague’s history and culture, telling you about the triumphs and tragedies that have taken place in the city over the past 1,000 years.
Follow your guide past sculptures and monuments, making your way to Wenceslas Square, one of the city’s main squares and the historic center of the country’s 20th-century fight against communism and fascism. As you stand amid the city bustle of the square, hear about Czechs who fought for their country’s freedom.
Continue through the heart of the city, passing the Estates Theatre, where Mozart delighted theater-goers in 1787 with the premier of his opera Don Giovanni, and Charles University, founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in Europe. Head to Old Town Square, where you’ll admire its candy-colored buildings, fairytale-like churches with ornate architecture and Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock, which dates back to the early 1400s.
Next, we'll take a break at a local cafe for a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of Czech beer (included) When you’ve refueled, continue your walking tour to the city’s old Jewish quarter, where you’ll learn about the nearly 12 centuries of history of Jewish people in Prague. See the Old Jewish Cemetery, which was in use from the 15th century, and the Old New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in Europe.
Finish your tour with a walk to the riverfront, where you’ll stand on the edge of the Vltava and enjoy a wonderful view of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, two of the city’s most famous sights.
Departure Point :Michalská 432/12, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please give us your accommodation details at the time of booking. When no pick-up info is provided 72 hours prior to tour time, the guide will wait for you in the tour center, 12 Michalska st., Prague 1, written as: Michalská 432/12, entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Staré Paní)
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Charles Bridge, Karlův most, Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We offer pick-up in case the accommodation address is provided in "special requirements"
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.