Pre Incan Temple of Pachacamac in Lima
With our tour Pre Inca Temple of Pachacamac, we will take you to visit the enigmatic archeological site, to discover the mysteries that are kept in this sanctuary, that belonged to one of the most impressive civilizations in South America. We will marvel with a panoramic view of the Bohemian district of Barranco, to then go discover the temple of the sun and the moon.
It is an ideal excursion for those who want to learn about the culture, history and architecture of the Pre Inca culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport from centrally located hotels
- Professional guide
- Ticket entrance to the Temple of Pachacamac
- 1 bottle of water per passenger
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barranco, Lima Peru
We begin with the departure from centrally located hotels to go visit the bohemian district of Barranco, a neighborhood full of cultural galleries, coffee shops, and street arts. Also, yo will have the opportunity to admire beautiful republican architecture. We will visit the Main Square, and the Bridge of Sighs, when we are going to appreciate the pathway known as Bajada de Baños (Lowered of the baths), a stone road that leads to the beaches of the city.
The district of Barranco was a fishermen neighborhood, and its beaches were very popular for the upper-middle class of Lima, where they built European-style ranches and mansions. During the Pacific War in 1881, the Chilean army occupied the zone looting and destroying almost all the place around, including the Bridge of Sighs, which has been restored on several times.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo de Sitio y Santuario Arqueologico de Pachacamac, Antigua Carretera Panamericana Sur Km.31.5, Lurin Peru
Then, we will visit the Archaeological Sanctuary of Pachacamac, just 30 kms. south of Lima. It was built in adobe with view to the sea and the Lurin river valley. It was a pilgrimage site for many cultures that developed in ancient Peru. The first civilizations dated back to 5000 B.C. Upon arrival of the Incas, the complex was adapted to become an administrative center, respecting and adapting the local constructions.
Pachacamac has three important sectors: the administrative part, where you can find there the Acllahuasi, the Palace of Tauri Chumpi, and the Pilgrimage Plaza, among others. The religious part with many temples as the Temple of the Sun and the Moon, and by last, the domestic zone. We will also visit the Site Museum of Pachacamac to get a better insight and appreciate the salvaged remnants of the area.
The Temple of the Sun was built by the Incas, when they arrive to the coast of Lima in 1470, and it is the highest part of the complex, with sea orientation. It was built with adobes with red colors, being the biggest temple of the Peruvian coast.
The tour ends with the return of each passenger to the selected hotels.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from centrally located Miraflores, San Isidro and downtown Lima hotels
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary
- You should bring comfortable shoes, windproof jacket, hat and sunscreen.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain social distance, in case they do not respect the basic safety measures they will be asked to leave the tour. The maximum capacity of the services will be reduced in order to guarantee social isolation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.