Prehistoric Bubbles and Nibbles Hovercraft Tour
Broome Hovercraft is a family owned and operated tourism business that has been in the same family for 22 years. We are one of only three commercially operating hovercraft tour companies in the world and the only one in the Southern Hemisphere. Our hovercraft Big Bird is the only one of her type operating in the world today offering a very unique mode of transport. Another unique and awe inspiring component of this tour is visiting Dinosaur Trackways that are fossilised in rock on a secluded beach within Roebuck Bay. Learn about how these dinosaur trackways were formed and why they are still visible today, 120 Million years later. You will enjoy continuous commentary from our pilot, Myles, about a variety of topics from the history of Broome, the evolution of the coastline, the World War 11 Catalina and Dornier Planes that remain within Roebuck Bay. From the information rich commentary to the beauty of the Pindan cliffs against the aqua blue waters, this tour is a must when in Broome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Enjoy antipasto and cheese platters and a glass of sparkling wine or Orange Juice on arrival back to our beach front location. Then BBQ cooked skewers followed by the best home make cake around!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - A glass of Sparkling wine or orange is complimentary on this tour. All other drinks can be purchased from our licensed onsite bar
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea - We have a commercial coffee machine. Tea and coffee is available for purchase on all of our tours
Experience standing in 120 million year old dinosaur trackways on a secluded beach that was once an ancient planar forest floor. - Inspiring and thought provoking.
Marvel at the amazing birds and other wildlife that make Roebuck bay one of the most bio diverse marine parks in the world. Be amazed by the pilots commentary on the history of Broome, the fascinating wildlife stories and the geological evolution of the Broome coastline.
Our state of the art, fully enclosed and air-conditioned Hovercraft takes you on an amphibious 'magic carpet' ride over tidal flats, water, beach and secluded sand bars transitioning seamlessly over each surface enabling access to locations inaccessible by other means. Travelling via hovercraft is a unique and truly memorable experience.
On return to our beautiful garden setting nestled right on Simpson beach enjoy a complimentary sparkling wine, gourmet nibbles, BBQ skewers and homemade cake, whilst taking in the 180 degree views of the beautiful Pindan cliffs and salmon pink sands of Roebuck bay. Our private oasis venue has a marquee, toilet facilities and a licensed bar on site.
Complimentary accommodation transfers
Departure Point :Broome Hovercraft, 297 Port Dr, Minyirr WA 6725, Australia
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Broome Airport, Broome, Western Australia Australia
- Kimberley Ports Authority, 549 Port Dr, Minyirr WA 6725, Australia
Departure Time :3:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.