Preikestolen Guided Hike - Classic (May-Sept)
Explore one of the world’s most iconic natural landmarks while avoiding the crowds! Get access to hidden routes and exclusive photo opportunities while experiencing some of the best scenery Fjord-Norway has to offer. Get the most out of your adventure – hike with a guide.
Includes freshly-baked bread & warm soup after the hike.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Lunch package
After picking you up, your guide will transport the group to the base of the hiking trail, where you’ll receive a short briefing. You’ll then embark on your journey to Preikestolen. Your guide will lead you up the trail through shifting terrain.
After 2-3 hours of hiking, you’ll be rewarded with a panoramic view of some of the most dramatic scenery Fjord-Norway has to offer. From atop the 604-meter-high cliff, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of Lysefjord and its surrounding mountains. Your guide will serve you a warm drink and snack while allowing you time to enjoy a well-deserved break at the cliff’s edge.
If conditions permit, on the way back down the trail, your guide will follow an alternate route to Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, which will take about 2-2.5 hours. Because it’s not found on any maps, the alternative trail avoids the crowds that typically ascend the mountain during the early afternoon, and therefore offers guests a more secluded experience. Back at the trailhead/Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, you’ll enjoy freshly-baked bread and a well-deserved (and delicious!) bowl of homemade soup before being transported back to Stavanger.
• Lysefjord, Stavanger Norway
Departure Point :Clarion Hotel Stavanger, Arne Rettedals gate 14, 4008 Stavanger, Norway
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participants must be: 6 years old, 15kg | 33lbs., 105cm | 3ft. 6in.
- Distance: 8 kilometers
- Ascent: 500 meters
- Suitable for participants who are generally in good physical condition & have previous hiking experience.
- Please do not book tours that exceed your skill-level or physical abilities.
- Please Bring: proper hiking boots, rain-proof jacket, water-resistant pants, fleece or woolen sweater, thick socks x 2 small backpack, Packed lunch / water / snacks
- Equipment rental/add-ons: Hiking boots rental (200 NOK), Hiking jacket rental (150 NOK), Hiking pants rental (150 NOK), Day-pack rental (50 NOK), Photography package (299 NOK)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required during transportation (pick-up/drop-off service) for both guides and travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.