Preikestolen off the beaten track hike
LAKE CANOEING INCLUDED
Avoid the crowds by joining us on a ‘off the beaten track’ hike and enjoy a unique Preikestolen experience. Hike in near-solitude while encountering out of this world views of Preikestolen and the Lysefjord – which only few have seen.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
After an early-morning pick-up, your adventure will begin with a 30-minute transfer to the base of the hiking trail, including driving the world´s longest undersea road tunnel. After a short briefing, you’ll glide in a canoe across the peaceful Refsvatn Lake, which will take approximately 45-minutes. Once you have your feet back on dry land, you’ll begin the hiking portion of the tour. During 70% of the hike, you’ll follow a backcountry, unmarked trail that is overgrown and has mostly been forgotten. The remaining part of the hike is comprised of off-trail hiking & scrambling. During this portion of the hike, you’ll experience out-of-this-world and rarely-seen views of Preikestolen and the Lysefjord.
After lunch and approximately 3,5 hours on foot, you’ll reach a location that offers panoramic views of Preikestolen that the majority of people only get to see in tourist brochures. You’ll hike down to Preikestolen and experience standing atop the impressive plateau, which towers 604 meters above sea level. Your guide will then lead you back to your starting point by following the main trail. Once back at the trailhead, your guide will transport you back to Stavanger.
• Lysefjord, Stavanger Norway
Departure Point :Clarion Hotel Stavanger, Arne Rettedals gate 14, 4008 Stavanger, Norway
Departure Time :7:05 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for people of most ages who are in very good condition and have previous hiking experience.
- Please do not book tours that exceed your skill-level or physical abilities.
- Participants must be: minimum 10 years old, 36kg | 79lbs., 135cm | 4ft. 5in.
- Maximum age for tour is 60 years (Unless a very high fitness level & recent experience hiking in mountainous terrain can be documented.)
- Please Bring: Proper hiking boots, Thick socks x 2, Water-resistant pants/jacket, Fleece or woolen sweater, Small backpack, Packed lunch / water / snacks
- Equipment Rental: Hiking boot (200 NOK), Hiking pants (150 NOK), Hiking jacket rental (150 NOK), Day-pack (50 NOK)
- Optional: Photography package (299 NOK), Post-hike beer tasting (490 NOK)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Distance: 9.5 kilometers, Ascent: 600 meters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required during transportation (pick-up/drop-off service) for both guides and travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.