Premier Whale Watching Byron Bay
Enjoy a once in a lifetime, close encounter with Humpback Whales! (June- November).
Join us and our marine biologist on our Premier Whale Watching Cruise. Depart from Ballina’s Richmond River and enter the stunning waters of Cape Byron Marine Park. Encounter astonishing Humpback Whales in their natural habitat as they migrate past the iconic coastline between Byron Bay and Ballina. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery while listening to live Humpback Whale song using our specialised underwater hydrophone. Our friendly Marine Biologist will share in-depth knowledge of the area, local points of interest & encounters we experience within Byron’s Marine Park.The migration of whales is a significant feat & a spectacular event to witness as they frolic & breach. At more than 2,500-kms, this is considered one of the longest migrations in the animal kingdom.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Life Jackets
What's excluded :
- Transfers from Byron Bay to the wharf in Ballina
The Wharf is a 30 minute scenic drive, south of Byron at Ballina. Please meet on the Lance Ferris Wharf directly in front of Wharf Bar & Restaurant, 12-24 Fawcett St, Ballina. Someone will come to collect you and take you down to the boat. We travel along the Ballina/Byron coast, where we visit is dependant on where the whales are.
We depart from Ballina and head out into the Cape Byron Marine Park. Humpback Whales are seen along the coast between Ballina and Cape Byron. Depending on where the whales are, is where we will be exploring.
• Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Byron Shire, New South Wales
• Ballina, Ballina, Ballina Shire, New South Wales
Departure Point :Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.