Premium Full Day Shared Tour to Chiloé: Chacao, Castro and Dalcahue
Discover the history of deep Chiloé, with its traditions, myths, legends, colors and architecture that make Chiloé a unique destination in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Canal De Chacao
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal De Chacao, Chacao Chile
The Chiloé archipelago has a singular magnetism since it includes an important part of the colonizing events of Chile in an almost wild natural setting. For this it is necessary to cross the wide channel of Chacao by means of a ferry service that departs from the town of Pargua and that makes the trip a moment of pleasure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chacao, Chacao, Los Lagos Region
If you talk about ferries on the Isla Grande de Chiloé, then you also need to talk about Chacao. The canal is its greatest attraction, but the gateway to Chilota mythology, the architecture of its church and of the chapels built by religious missionaries in the 16th century are also relevant, giving it its historical and cultural character.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Castro, Castro, Isla Chiloe, Los Lagos Region
Owner of a unique beauty, on one of the main sides of the square, the current San Francisco Temple stands majestically. Its construction began in 1910 and ended in 1912. It was declared a National Monument in 1979, and declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, on November 30, 2000.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palafitos, Calle Pedro Montt, Castro, Isla Chiloe Chile
These typical constructions of the coastal areas have a unique style in the archipelago.
The wooden houses and larch tiles are located on a kind of pier with thick piles. They have two fronts, one towards the street, with which it communicates through a bridge, and the other towards the canal, which consists of an upper terrace generally used as a patio and a lower level that, according to the tide, is used for typical fishing jobs. In this sector the boats that are waiting to go out to make their journey in search of seafood and fish are moored.
Beyond its appeal, the colorful stilt houses provide islanders with a cozy, safe and moisture-free home near the coast, suitable for those who live around the sea.
To have a good postcard, we will walk from the plaza until we reach the waterfront promenade and from there head towards the coastal area where the stilt houses are located, a clear expression of Chiloé's maritime architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dalcahue, Dalcahue, Isla Chiloe, Los Lagos Region
If you visit this Chilote town, you must take a local souvenir such as the classic vests, scarves and wool hats, or decorations in basketry and carved wood. For this the best place is the Craft Fair where you can also get to know the charm of the Chilote singers.
You can also visit the Church of Our Lady of Los Dolores built in 1849, which today is one of the 16 Chilote temples declared a World Heritage Site, or the Historical Ethnographic Museum and learn about the history of the ethnic groups originating from Chiloé.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect all our travelers both in hotels, hostels, airbnb in the urban radius of the city of Puerto Varas.It is important to be prepared 20 minutes before the start of the excursion.
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.