Premium VIP Private Tour: Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica
Enjoy the Vatican highlights and its marvellous masterpieces you’ve waited a lifetime to see, with all the benefits of a private tour and without the hassle of having to wait in line!
On this VIP-style tour, not only will you be able to navigate corridors and galleries with ease and time to focus on details, but you’ll also admire the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s masterpiece, and the St. Peter's Basilica to discover the treasures of the world's largest and most influential church. Your private top rated personal guide will be there every step of the way to make sure your experience is a mesmerizing one, exploring all the timeless wonders.
With a complimentary pick-up and drop-off from/at your accommodation or desired location within the city centre, you will not waste your time navigating the transport system.
Explore the Vatican City with us and don’t miss its artistic and architectural wonders!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off by private luxury car with chauffeur
- Private tour arranged just for you
- Professional Certified Guide
- Skip the Line Entrance Ticket at Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Guided Tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After the pick up, your private driver will lead you to the Vatican Museums, where you will meet your guide and, thanks to our skip-the-line ticket, you will miss the infamous museum queues that snake around the walls of Vatican City. The Vatican Museums are considered among the most beautiful museum complexes in the world. Equipped with one of the most beautiful art collections on the planet, they are rich invaluable works of Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Etruscan antiquity and they house a valuable collection of paintings, ranging from the twelfth to the nineteenth century, with works by Raphael, Caravaggio and Leonardo da Vinci. The Museums also include some beautifully frescoed rooms: Raphael's Rooms, four rooms decorated by Raphael and used by Pope Julius II as a residence; the art gallery containing paintings by Giotto, Leonardo, Caravaggio and Bellini; sculptures of classical art and masterpieces by Bernini; tapestries and mosaics; the famous Sistine Chapel (from the name of its founder, Pope Sixtus IV) that the extraordinary genius of Michelangelo made one of the most famous artistic treasures in the world, being visited every day by 20,000 visitors. The tour will continue with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica through access from a hidden door reserved only for participants of organized tours. In it, you can admire Michelangelo's "Pietà" and many other works, such as the famous Bernini's canopy, remaining completely fascinated. At the end of the tour, thanks to the genius of Bernini, you will be able to enjoy the magnificent view offered by the colonnade of Piazza San Pietro: positioning yourself, in fact, on the porphyry discs present on the square, you see all the columns perfectly aligned one behind the other as if, by magic, they had moved.
NOTE: on Wednesday morning, due to the papal audience, the Basilica could be closed. In this case, the explanation will be made from the outside.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any central hotels/apartments/B&B in Rome. If it is not central (a ray of about 8 km from the Pantheon), let us know its location and we will ask a supplement for the extra distance. If your accommodation is not mentioned, during the booking, please provide details regarding its location. If your accommodation has not been booked yet, you will modify the booking later by providing the data relating to it. You can also choose the pick-up option from the Civitavecchia Port or from Fiumicino Airport. In this case, please provide arrival and departure times to arrange the pick-up and drop off. Kindly add to your booking an email address you can check frequently. If you do not receive further messages, by mobile phone or by email, default pick up time is confirmed.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Remember to cover knees and shoulders before entering the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please, communicate if there are disabled people partecipating the tour. This is because, from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica, it is necessary to descend 50 steps that are not wheelchair accessible. Therefore, it will be possible to enter the Basilica without variances on the tour only if all members of your private group will be able to access the route or if other participants will take charge of pushing the wheelchair and carry it down the stairs; if not, the tour will end without the visit of the same or you will have to reach it from the outside in about an hour. This last option will include an additional charge of € 50,00 for the extra guide service.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.