Priene, Miletus, and Didyma Day Tour from Kusadasi
Immerse yourself in history during this full-day, small-group tour of Didyma, Miletos, and Priene from Kusadasi. Discover the ancient beauty of this area of Turkey and its gorgeous landscape, touring ancient ruins and crumbling temples. Leading the tour is an art historian who provides the perfect introduction to the area’s rich architecture, culture, and art scene. Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel in Kusadasi is provided.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Lunch included
- Pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Apollo, Ataturk Boulevard Yenihisar, Didim 07330 Turkey
Didyma was famous throughout the ancient world as the place where a colossal Temple of Apollo stood, and the oracle revealed the future. The Word meant ‘the twins’ and the place was the meeting place of Zeus and Leto, to have their twins Apollo and Artemis. In its heyday, Didyma was not a city, but a place of worship, connected with Miletus by the so-called Sacred Way. This road was used by the pilgrims who arrived at Didyma, seeking answers to nagging questions.
The first temple in Didyma was built by the ancient Greeks in the late 8th century BCE. Today, the remains of the archaic temple are located under Hellenistic construction.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Miletus, Didim Turkey
Miletos was one of the cities in Ionian League; challenging the power of Ephesus. Today, the crowds of sightseers from all over the world rub shoulders in Ephesus, leaving the pleasure of discovering the secrets of Miletus to small groups of curious visitors who manage to reach this site.According to legend which has three versions, the city is believed to be founded by a hero named Miletos. The area was a place for settlement even in Neollithic period (3500-3000 BC). In Hittite documents, the area was named as Millawanda.
Before 500 BC, Miletus was the greatest Greek city in the east. It was the natural outlet for products from the interior of Anatolia; and the city was distinguished for its literary and scientific-philosophical figures, among them are Thales, Anaximander, Anaximenes, and Hecataeus.
Inour Miletos tour, we'll be seeing Theater, Byzantine Fortress, Harbour Monuments, Delphinium, South Agora, Baths of Faustina, Mosque of Ilyas Bey, and Caravansaray.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and from the port in Kusadasi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.