Private 2-Day Tour in Transylvania from Bucharest Hotel Pick-up and Drop off
On this adventure, you will discover Transylvania’s unbeatable mix of history and traditions. This journey delivers natural beauty, natural charm and fragments of Romanian history and traditions. From Bucharest, we travel to Sinaia town to visit Peles Castle, one of the most beautiful museums in the world! From Sinaia town, we head through the Carpathians Mountains to visit the famous Bran Castle before making your way to Brasov. Breathtaking natural beauty is opened in front of your eyes but the most spectacular view is from Busteni where you can admire the highest peaks of Bucegi. After one night stays in Brasov we return to Bucharest but not before visiting The Bears Sanctuary and Snagov Monastery, the eternal house for the terrible Dracula, which, as for the vampire hunters…what better place to end a trip to Romania than the legendary burial place of the count of all counts: Count Dracula?!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Qualified English speaking guide
- 1 night en suite accommodation in Brasov
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes, parking fees
What's excluded :
- Other meals, entrance fees.
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Rasnov Citadel
- Entry/Admission - Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti
- Entry/Admission - Snagov Monastery
Day 1: Bucharest - Peles Castle - Bran Castle - Rasnov Fortress - Brasov.
Pass By: National Military Museum Bucharest, Strada Mircea Vulcanescu 125-127, Bucharest Romania
While we leave Bucharest, you can admire the beautiful city centre.
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Visit Peles Castle in Sinaia Town- the former royal summer residence and the most beautiful castles in the world! To get to Peles Castle you will enjoy the beautiful landscape by crossing the Carpathian Mountains. You'll learn about Romanian history and the Royal Family.
Duration: 1 hour 25 minutes
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
We continue our trip to the famous Bran Castle. Also called Dracula's Castle, it is situated at the entrance of Bran-Rucar pass. A remarkable architectural, the monument was built between 1377-1382 on a rock 60 m
Time for lunch is allocated for 1 hour and 30 min. Traditional lunch can be arranged in Bran village.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rasnov Citadel, Unirii Square no. 12, Rasnov 505400 Romania
Later in this tour, we travel, to the town which, besides Rasnov picturesque streets with medieval houses orderly arranged, will enchant you with its gorgeous Rasnov Fortress.
Rasnov Fortress is one of the best-preserved peasant fortresses of Transylvania and was built in 13-14 centuries by the inhabitants of the settlement with the same name.
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Casa Timar Pension, a 3 - Margarets Pension, very well located.
Day 2: Brasov - The Bears Sanctuary - Snagov Monastery - Bucharest.
Stop At: Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti, DN 73A km 6 - near the entrance in Zarnesti from Rasnov, Zarnesti 500075 Romania
Visit the Bears Sanctuary - an amazing place for such beautiful animals! This " 5 stars all inclusive resort " for bears hosts around 100 rescued bears from captivity. They have a chance for a new and better life now! Taking pictures is allowed.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Snagov Monastery, Strada Manastirea Vlad Tepes Silistea, Snagov 077117 Romania
Snagov Monastery, the eternal house for the terrible Dracula!
On an island in the middle of Snagov Lake, lays the monastery with the same name. Built around the time of Vlad the Impaler’s grandfather, Mircea the Old, the monastery has become famous as the burial place of the king of Walachia who would become the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula.Peasants talk about the “hidden treasures” of the Impaler. Sensing death, Vlad had them make cast-iron barrels in which he placed silver, gold and precious jewels; he then ordered the course of a river to be diverted by a dam (perhaps the Dambovita river) after getting rid of the riches, he gave free flow to the river and all the peasants involved were IMPALED!
Visitors who cross the lake by boat or over the bridge, reach the quiet, remote monastery that brings the legend alive! One can pay his respects at Dracula’s tomb, located at the altar footsteps, and admire the beautiful frescoes, some of which go as far back as the 15th century. Locals tell stories about a different church that existed here, which fell into the lake together with its steeple, during a storm. When the wind blows they say you can hear a chime rising from the bottom of the lake.
When coming here travellers understand why it was used as a refuge as well as a prison… As for the vampire hunters…what better place to end a trip to Romania than the legendary burial place of the count of all counts: Count Dracula?!
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Bucharest, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off from all the hotels in Bucharest.Pick-up and drop-off at OTP Henri Coanda Bucharest Airport.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- 1 infant seat available
- stroller accesible but not everywhere
- Bears Sanctuary is closed on Mondays. Peles Castle is closed Mondays and entire November. Peles Castle is closed on Tuesdays between September 15 to May 15. It can be seen from outside.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.