Private 3-hour History Tour of Prague's Renaissance and Baroque Gardens
Highlights of this half-day history walk include the Prague Castle Gardens including the dazzling Belvedere summer palace commissioned by Ferdinand I as a romantic present to his wife, the singing fountain cast from bell bronze, the Fig House and Orangery, where figs, almonds, oranges and lemons were grown for the first time in Central Europe and the grand Wallenstein Garden, with its albino peacocks, mannerist statues, grotto wall and mythical fountains.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Please note after the meeting point, the group will take the 22 tram together to get to Castle Gardens
- pick-up from your central hotel or flat
What's excluded :
- Additional Costs:
- Vrtbovská Garden admission fee:
- Individual: CZK 62
- students & seniors: CZK 52
- Gardens under Prague Castle admission fee
- Individual: CZK 90
- students & seniors: CZK 60
- Entry/Admission - The Vrtba Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Vrtba Garden, Karmelitska 373/25, Prague 118 00 Czech Republic
Walk through the unique Baroque garden to admire the original statuary and sculptural decor of early 1700's and enjoy the beauty and symbolism listed for its historic cultural values by UNESCO. Offers some of the most beuatiful views of Prague and the Prague Castle
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Wallenstein Palace Gardens, Letenska 123/4, Prague 118 00 Czech Republic
Admire the Wallenstein Palace Gardens build in the 1600's and presently open to the public as the gardens of the Senate of the Czech Republic. The Italian style garden includes an aviary, an artificial grotto, a sculptural gallery of mythological heroes and a fountain by Adrian de Vries.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Royal Garden, Prazsky hrad, Prague 119 08 Czech Republic
Walk through the Royal Garden of the Prague Castle established on the site of medieval vineyards in the 1500's. A Renaissance garden later became famous for its rare botanical specimens and exotic plants from distant countries.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Queen Anne's Summer Palace, Marianske hradby 52/1, Prague Czech Republic
Finished in the middle of the 16th Century, Queen Anna’s Summer Palace is the purest Renaissance architecture outside the Italian territory. The palace is The building is wreathed by an ornamental and figurative frieze. The pillars of the outside arcades have decorated Tuscan heads, while the reliefs on the walls depict scenes from mythology, hunting and wars. Among them, there is the figure of the founder Ferdinand I with the Order of the Golden Fleece on his chest, offering the lady - his wife, Queen Anna - a fig tree blossom.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Ball Game Hall in the Royal Garden, Nad Kralovskou oborou 380/1, Prague Czech Republic
This Renaissance building on the south side of the Royal Gardens, directly above the Stag Moat, was built in the middle of the 1500's. It served as a ball games hall, and later as a riding school and stables.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Metrocafe, Klárov 1, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana, Czechia
Traveler pickup is offered
Unless you provide us with your pickup address, please meet your guide at the meeting point: in front of Metrocafe, Klárov 1, 118 00 Malá Strana, Czechia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Gardens are closed during winter season from November until March
- In the Vrtba Garden, we climb some steep stairs to arrive at the upper terrace. Those with issue climbing may wish to wait below or to take a private tour that we can tailor to your group.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.