Private 7-Day Excursion from Mandalay to Yangon
See some of Myanmar’s top destinations on a 7-day tour that travels one-way from Mandalay to Yangon. Go mountain biking near Mandalay, travel by boat on the Irrawaddy River to Bagan, take an electric bike ride around Bagan’s temples, visit floating villages on Inle Lake, and take a Shan cooking class before departing for Yangon. Your tour includes seven nights of accommodation, activities, and a local guide at each stop.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 6 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Day 1: A morning of mountain biking in the surroundings of Mandalay. You will be picked up at your hotel at 7:15am. We pass through fresh markets, lively neighbourhoods and head for the north east of the city. After only a short pedal we find ourselves in the true countryside where farmers tend to their fields and villagers go about the daily rituals that have remained unchanged for decades, if not longer. Rest if the day is free and easy. Overnight at Guesthouse with the most welcoming staff. Day 2: Embark a boat to follow the mighty Irrawaddy River towards Bagan. It is a full-day boa ride and you will stay overnight at a hotel with bungalows, small but welcoming. Day 3: With E- bikes through the pagoda forest in Bagan after breakfast. We like Bagan most because of the stunning landscape of ancient temple ruins that seem to be spread around randomly in between toddy palms and bamboo huts. Your guide will show you some of the most spectacular sceneries of ancient temples. Tonight you will stay at a hotel with bungalows. Day 4: Time to follow your own ideas – take a day free for further exploration of Bagan after breakfast. Stay overnight at hotel with bungalows. Day 5: After breakfast, we will take a bus to Inle Lake, depart at 8am and arrive at 4pm. Overnight at a very nice boutique Hotel, with beautiful garden and surroundings Day 6: A full day on the lake with your private guide, boat and a delicious home cooked lunch. Inle Lake in southern Shan State is a vast natural lake surrounded by traditional Shan villages. On the lake itself the Intha people have been living for many centuries in village built entirely on stilts on the lake. Today we will take you by private motorboat around the lake to discover the natural beauty of the lake, visit the floating gardens and see some of the famous leg rowers. On and around the lake traditional markets are held in different villages, frequented by Shan and PaO people living nearby. Overnight at a very nice boutique hotel, with beautiful garden and surroundings Day 7: A Shan cooking class mastered by a lady with passion. A fantastic cooking class at theopen kitchen in the garden with nice atmosphere. Visit Nyaung Shwe market and buy the ingredients for your special menu, you will bring to the bamboo garden to learn more about the local cuisine and at the end enjoy your lunch. Overnight on the public bus. Day 8: Yangon arrival early morning and you need to arrange your own transportation to your hotel.
Departure Point :Hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.