Private Afternoon Food Tour in Delhi with Rickshaw Ride
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. This delicious private Delhi food tour begins with a bit of local culture. Hop on a cycle rickshaw and we first stop at an ancient Hanuman temple. After we head out to our first food stop and witness how fresh local shawarma (kebab) is made. From here, we’ll continue on to an iconic neighbourhood eatery where you can enjoy a local favourite – fresh fruit beer – as well as momos (dumplings) and banta, a delicious lemon-based drink that’s an ideal refreshment for hot Delhi weather.
We then continue through the Kamla Market and emerge into a narrow alley full of delectable street food joints and here’s where we’ll sample several local delicacies.
A little more walking through the bustling, fascinating streets of Delhi will lead us to our final stop where we’ll have the opportunity to try some fresh samosa, gulab jamun, and jalebi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - All food and drink as indicated
- Entrance to Hindu temple
- Rickshaw ride
- Entry/Admission - Momo's Point
What's excluded :
- Additional food beyond inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kamla Nagar Market, Chattori Lane, Block UA, Jawahar Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Delhi, 110007, India
All the food Joints are famous for local street food. When people travel to India, the one thing they worry about is hygiene while trying the local street food. In all these joints, our travelers can enjoy the real street food of India which is very popular without worrying about anything as it is hygienic and good to eat.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kamla Nagar, Delhi, 110007, India
Enjoy the Indian styled Shawarma with Indian flavors and enjoy the fruit beer with it.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Momo's Point, 47 UA, Block UA, Jawahar Nagar, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Momos are dumplings and enjoy different varieties of veg and non-veg momos at a small cafe.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Vishwa Vidyalaya Metro Station, Delhi, 110007, India
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- he food provided on the tour is a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Should you wish to only have vegetarian food, simply inform your guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Dress standards are conservative through out Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Kamla Nagar is a local Delhi market which had the potential of attracting tourists, but local tour companies never took the initiative to introduce foreign visitors to the market. Urban Adventures were the first to do so and all the food vendors we support are local vendors who were introduced to the world of tourism by us.
- The bhelpuri vendor you visit was selected as one of the top 3 nominees for Urban Adventures' streetfood50 award and he was so proud to be associated with us as his life story and struggles were appreciated and recognised by Urban Adventures.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.