Private Agra Day Tour with Culture Walk
Discover the magnificence of the Mughal Empire on a private day trip to the walled city of Agra! Traveling by train and private vehicle from Delhi, visit the UNESCO-listed Taj Mahal, a beautiful monument to love and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Option of doing a cultural walking tour or do sightseeing of the Agra Fort. Sightseeing, entrance fees, railway transfers, train tickets, and two meals (aboard the train) are included.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned coach in train
- Culture Walk (if option selected)
- Breakfast and evening meal aboard train
- Bottled water in vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Taj Mahal
- Entry/Admission - Agra Fort
What's excluded :
- Camera fee in monuments
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nizamuddin Railway Station, New Delhi India
Start with a pickup from your Delhi hotel between 6:30 – 7 a.m. to the city’s Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station, where you’ll catch the premium non-stop fast train to Agra with light breakfast served on board.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra 282001 India
Meet your driver upon arrival and make your way to the iconic Taj Mahal with your guide. Taj Mahal was commissioned by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Learn about Mughal architecture as your guide discusses the Mughal empire’s history.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Agra Fort Rakabgani, Agra 282003 India
Thereafter head to the imposing Agra Fort, made of red sandstone white marble.
If you opt for the Culture Walk, you head for the walk and admire the fort from outside the Army Gate - you do not visit inside the fort.
If you opt to visit the Agra Fort instead, entry to Agra Fort is included, along with a knowledgeable guide. The guide will regale you with stories about the history and anecdotes associated with the fort. You will end up spending anywhere between 30 minutes to 90 minutes exploring this massive, yet fascinating fort.
If cultural walk option selected - Start the cultural walk and head to Ambedkar Park that is named in the memory of the architect of Indian constitution Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. Hop onto a cycle rickshaw and head to the old bazaar area. Visit the mid-17th century Shahi Jama Masjid. Then tickle your taste buds in an Indian snack shop and a shop specializing in Paan – which is a combination of areca nut and other ingredients wrapped in a betel leaf.
During the walk, your guide will suggest places for lunch. Then visit a place specializing in bridal wear, and perhaps witness one of the dresses being handcrafted. Thereafter visit a local temple dedicated to Hindu deity Shiva, and marvel at a balcony with intricately carved sculptors.
Then walk through a spice market and see as well as smell and taste various spices in different forms - whole, chopped, ground, roasted, sautéed, and fried. End your walk in a garden dating back to Mughal times, and affording a magnificent view of the majestic Taj Mahal. Also, get an opportunity to get dressed in age-old Mughal attire and feel like royalty.
Catch the evening train to Delhi, and enjoy a meal on board.
A private driver will transfer you to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick and drop guests from all Hotels/vacations rentals / private residences in Delhi.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A current valid government issued passport is required on the day of travel
- Please note that tour duration includes travel time; on any given day, traffic conditions in India may be busy and you may spend a good amount of time in transit
- Tour does not operate on Fridays, as Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays. Also the fast train does not run on Fridays.
- IMPORTANT: In order to make train reservation, please confirm the following information upon booking: Full Name, Gender, Age / Date of Birth, Passport Number and Nationality
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.