Private Amsterdam Red Light District and Coffee Shop Tour with Expert Guide
Explore the sinful Amsterdam with a local private guide! This tour is a perfect way to explore the Red Lights District and learn more about coffeeshop culture. Local guide will share stories about country’s vibrant past and explain why Dutch people are so tolerant. You have probably heard a lot about it, so it’s time to separate truth from fiction.
This is a customized experience, and you will feel like having an old friend show you around the city. You will be dazzled by neon light wonders of Red Lights District, so be sure to pack your sense of adventure!
• Visit the most vibrant Amsterdam district and experience its eclectic atmosphere at night
• Learn more about Dutch coffeeshop culture
• Visit the greatest erotic exhibition with objects of all ages
• See Amsterdam through the eyes of locals
• Personal guide will help you to understand local history and cultural heritage of the city
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Customizable itinerary
- Private local guide
- Iconic places for photoshoot
- Multiple start times available
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private walking tour with Red Light District and visit to a coffeeshop
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Oude Kerk
- Entry/Admission - Sexmuseum Amsterdam Venustempel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Light District, Amsterdam The Netherlands
This is 2.5-hour private tour, which will help you to learn more about Dutch prostitution and marijuana legalization. Tour can easily be personalized, feel free to discuss it with your guide at the beginning of the tour. First you will walk along cobbled lanes of the Red Light District and get educational insights. Enjoy a discussion with a guide on a local daily life. You will listen about tolerant attitudes and prostitution-related laws. Guide will give you a lot of information but also make you feel at ease. You will also learn basic rules of visiting this area, as there is a code of conduct to be observed.
Amsterdam has a reputation when it comes down to coffeeshops. You will know more about coffeeshop culture and visit a local coffeeshop. Your private guide will tell you about basic rules and etiquette and make sure you will get local authentic experience. Embark on such a unique adventure!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Red Light District (De Wallen), Red Light District (De Wallen), Amsterdam, North Holland Province
You will stroll along narrows streets, gaze at red-lit windows, pass by erotic theaters and be surprised by the number of sex-shops. If you feel adventurous, you can try video-booths or interactive shows. Your guide will tell you about country’s history, so that you understand its liberal attitude and open-mindedness. You will learn general history of the area, as well as many other social and urban development aspects.
The Red Lights District is a completely safe and incredibly exciting area, where dim lights of modern neon red lamps coexist with fantastic bluish landscapes of the 14th century. District is a historical center of Amsterdam
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Oude Kerk, Oudekerksplein 23, 1012 GX Amsterdam The Netherlands
Probably most famous landmark is the Oude Kerk (Old Church), but you also can explore Rembrandt House, Amsterdam dungeon and The Madame Tussauds wax figurines. The architecture is particularly beautiful and typically Dutch, with its long winding narrow cobbled streets and utterly charming 14th century architecture. You will also find eclectics shops and numerous spots for perfect dinner.
There are over 200 coffeeshops in Amsterdam that sell more than just a cup of coffee. Your guide will tell you about not so subtle differences, so that your experience wouldn’t be confusing. Coffeeshops in Amsterdam are one of the highlights of the city. They are on every corner, and it’s recommended to know official and unofficial guidelines.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sexmuseum Amsterdam Venustempel, Damrak 18, 1012 LH Amsterdam The Netherlands
Bright but optional ending of this tour is Sexmuseum. There are mainly erotic artifacts from across the decades. Nice place to laugh and feel light-hearted, as there are some funny and creepy things. It is a very amusing way to pass an hour, so it is definitely worth a quick visit.(entrance fee not included)
It will be sad to say goodbye to your guide, as this is not like an ordinary city tour. It is an opportunity to experience a very real place with someone who is more like a local friend than a guide. Enjoy authentic experience!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Amsterdam, Centraal Station, 1012 TM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.