Private Andes Half-Day Hike: Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary
Come spend a wonderful day in the Andes! Enjoy the fresh mountain air and spectacular views, including Cerro La Paloma, which is permanently snow-capped. Stroll around Villa Paulina base camp or join the guide for a 2-hour hike through the valley. Even cross a river of glacier water barefoot! After the hike we relax and stop for some delicious traditional Chilean food and drink, such as "empanadas" and "mote con huesillo".
- 6-Hour Private Tour
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
- Professional & Multilingual Guide
- Modern & Comfortable Van
- Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Bottled water
- Entrance to Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuity for guide
On this private trekking tour, enjoy an adventure in the mountains in one of the most popular parks in the Andes: Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary, nestled in a magnificent valley. Admire pine trees, a blue glacier-water river, and perhaps Chilean condors flying high in the sky. Breathe in the clean mountain air and enjoy fantastic views, especially of Cerro La Paloma, which has snow on its peak year-round. You can explore the Villa Paulina base camp or go with your guide on a 2-hour hike through the valley. You can also cross a river barefoot! Then, enjoy delicious, traditional Chilean food and drink, such as “empanadas” (meat or cheese pastries) and “mote con huesillo” (a sweet non-alcoholic drink with peaches) on the way back to the city. Join us for a beautiful day in the Andes Mountains!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to weather conditions, between May 1 and October 1, we replace Yerba Loca Nature Sanctuary with Aguas de Ramon Park and hike to a beautiful waterfall.
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.