Private Apache Trail Day with Dolly Steamboat Tour
Arizona's first historic highway is just a few minutes outside of the city. The Apache Trail is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Get a chance to try panning for gold in the restored ghost town of Goldfield, marvel at the views of the Superstition Mountains, and take a cruise on scenic Canyon Lake. A pickup directly from your hotel or private residence gets the adventure started, leading you out to the Superstition Mountains along the path that guided Apache travelers, stagecoaches, and mountain men alike. When you get to Canyon Lake, board the famous Dolly Steamboat for a 6-mile narrated nature cruise. Watch for bighorn sheep, bald eagles, and a host of other desert animals, as well as unforgettable views of the towering volcanic cliffs. Next, your guide will take you to the town of Tortilla Flat, a stagecoach stop that holds onto its rich tradition through its architecture and unique decorating sense before heading back to the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional, local guide
- Pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Entry Fees onto Dolly Steamboat
- Entry/Admission - Canyon Lake
- Entry/Admission - The Dolly Steamboat
- Entry/Admission - Goldfield Ghost Town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apache Trail Scenic Drive, Apache Trail, AZ 85117
Only minutes from the city, the Apache Trail is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Sonoran desert. Arizona’s first designated “Historic Highway” and a scenic byway, the original Apache Trail was a footpath by which the local Apache Tribe traveled through the Superstition Mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Superstition Mountains, 4087 E. Apache Trail 5 miles Northeast of Apache Junction, AZ 85119
View these stunning desert mountains as you drive along the Apache Trail
Stop At: Canyon Lake, 16802 N.E. Highway 88, Tortilla Flat, AZ
During your tour along the Apache Trail, you will also be treated to a steamboat cruise on Canyon Lake by the famous Dolly Steamboat.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Dolly Steamboat, 16802 State Hwy 88, Apache Junction, AZ 85119, USA
As part of the six mile narrated nature cruise, there may be opportunities to see bighorn sheep, bald eagles, and a host of other desert animals as well as unforgettable views of 1,300 ft. volcanic cliff walls of Canyon Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tortilla Flat, Tortilla Flat, Arizona
Two of the more colorful stops along the Apache Trail are Goldfield Ghost Town and Tortilla Flat.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Lost Dutchman State Park, 6109N E Apache Trl 5 miles Northeast of Apache Junction off State Route 88, Apache Junction, AZ 85119-8656
Tortilla Flat has become a fixture of the Apache Trail since its inception in 1904. Not fire, drought, or bandits could destroy this hearty stage stop which holds onto its rich tradition through its architecture and unique decorating sense. If you get too warm, you can quite literally “saddle up” to the bar and enjoy a cold beverage to cool you down. This rugged landscape in the Sonoran Desert has been the jewel that some men were looking for with the most famous involving the Lost Dutchman Mine. Rumored to have found the largest gold vein in the west, German immigrant Jacob Waltz trusted his newly found gold deposit to no one and the secret of its location was buried with him. If you have the “golden eye” maybe you can spot it while on tour!
Stop At: Goldfield Ghost Town, 4650 N Mammoth Mine Rd, Apache Junction, AZ 85119-9465
Goldfield, aptly named after the precious metal found in the area, was incorporated in 1892. For five long years this town was a gold miner’s paradise, however, soon after the vein stopped producing Goldfield quickly turned into a gold mining ghost town. During the tour you will have a chance to spend time in this restored ghost town practicing your gold panning techniques, marveling at the original mining gear, or even spending some time at Lu Lu’s Bordello if you dare.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No glass allowed on vehicle
- Foldable wheelchairs/strollers are accessible
- Closed toe shoes and seasonal clothing are reccomended
- Most travelers can participate
- Service animal requiers paperwork
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.