Private Arenal Volcano Hike and Tabacon Thermal Hot Springs with Dinner
Few sites in Costa Rica inspire more respect and admiration than Arenal Volcano. At 5437 feet, its tall and conical shape stands imposing over the pastured green hillsides that surround its base. Although currently in a resting phase, Arenal remains Costa Rica’s most active volcano for the past 43 years. You will also experience a relaxing soak into the natural mineral waters of the Tabacon Hot Springs will finish a perfect day. Thanks to geothermal activity beneath Arenal, the area surrounding the volcano is home to a number of natural hot springs. Geologically, Tabacon Resort's thermal natural springs are 97% rain-based and 3% magma-based. This tour takes about 6 hours approximately and includes: transportation from Fortuna hotels, bilingual guide, entrance fee and dinner.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Buffet dinner
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano
- Entry/Admission - Tabacon Hot Springs
What's excluded :
- This tour will allow the you to enjoy the most extraordinary views of Arenal Volcano during a gentle hike along the lower slopes of the colossus. The walk begins in one of the trails close to the volcano and continues through the forest until reaching the area destroyed in its first eruption, back in 1968. This tour takes approximately 2 ½ hours.
After the hike, a relaxing soak into the natural mineral waters of the Tabacon Hot Springs will finish a perfect day. Thanks to geothermal activity beneath Arenal, the area surrounding the volcano is home to a number of natural hot springs. Geologically, Tabacon Resort's thermal natural springs are 97% rain-based and 3% magma-based. Rainwater enters the earth through fissures on the surface and is then heated by magma found in the earth's core. Once heated, the waters rise to surface, taking with them minerals found in the earth's rocky stratus and it flows by gravity throughout the property, forming in-river pools, waterfalls and cascades, filling in the pools throughout the resort.
Departure Point :Departure is guaranted from hotels located near La Fortuna
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.