Private: Artisans of Antigua Full Day
Learn about ancestral traditions as you discover the hidden meanings of Mayan clothing. during the tour, see women weaving and explore colorful antique villages. Additionally, learn about loquat, jade - the sacred stone -, chocolate, and rum.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrances to mentioned sites
- Certified bilingual guide during all excursion
- Entry/Admission - Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Antonio Aguas Calientes, San Antonio Aguas Calientes, Sacatepequez Department
Visit a textiles house museum and discover how patterns, colors, and figures of Mayan clothing vary from town to town and the hidden meanings. Also, see natives weaving and learn from it!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: San Juan del Obispo, San Juan del Obispo, Antigua, Sacatepequez Department
Visit another village where its main product is the medlar fruit. Learn how the natives make artisanal wine and jam from it.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ciudad Vieja, Ciudad Vieja, Sacatepequez Department
Visit the village that was the second capital of the country (it was the Capital prior to Antigua Guatemala). Pass over its stone streets admiring its beauty reflected through the antique buildings and natural surroundings.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum, 4a. Calle Oriente No. 34, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Visit a store and museum, Jade Factory in Antigua Guatemala. Jade was a sacred stone for the Mayas and as of today, Guatemala remains as one of the largest jade production countries. Jade of Guatemala is of the highest quality in the world.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Antigua, Antigua, Sacatepequez Department
Finally, visit a Choco Museo store or Rum house. The Choco Museo is a short tour explaining the history of cocoa and today´s chocolate production. See the variety of products made of it as soaps, body-creams, beverages, and more.
The Rum House exhibits the best rums produced in Guatemala which are among the top brands in the world: Zacapa and Rotrán.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop-off from centrally located hotels in Guatemala City zones 10,13,15,11,9 or hotels in Antigua Guatemala
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- It is the responsibility of each traveler to know and comply with Guatemala´s entry COVID requirements. Some mentioned places may be closed due to the COVID situation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.