Private Bagan Rural Village Tour Including Lunch
Experience the different ways of life in Myanmar’s country side. You will see people making wooden slippers for their living and how the famous Bagan Pone Yay Gyi (Soya paste) is made. Visit to a quiet village where people make cooking pots in traditional way. A lively village with cows, pigs and dogs and smiley people. Then you will see the famous village for the children’s unique hairstyle (Yaung Pay Sue) which is the old traditional hairstyle of kids in centuries ago. This tour will give you to learn the village life in general, see how simply these people live and yet how happy they appear to be. Discover a real sense of community spirit in the villages. On the way back visit the cave temple and take a private boat to Bagan along the Ayeyarwaddy River.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Bagan Zone fee
- Pickup from your hotel and drive out into the country side. The road leads through stunning land scenery, where depending on season peanuts, sesame, soya beans and other crops are planted. Each field is protected by palm trees which give shade to the farmers and which protect the fields from the wind.
Stop in Sel Village and enjoy a walk through this wonderful quiet place. Wooden slippers are also produced here – people use them for showering or working in the fields. Many people here produce Soya Paste, a welcome ingredient to make a tasteful dinner. From Sel, we continue driving to Nga Thayouk village. Walk through this village and amongst many interesting things you can see families making cooking pots. Wooden slippers are also produced here – people use them for showering or working in the fields.
Meet with the vehicle at Shwe let Pyan monastery.
The next village is famous for the children’s hairstyle which is the same like centuries ago where the top hair is not cut and kept in a knot. Children up to teenager age keep this style under the supervision of the head monk of the village. Walk through this village and talk to the head master of the school and learn about village life in general.
Picnic lunch will be taken in the village. The monastery or one of the nearby homes offer shelter to enjoy a break and a light snack.
In the afternoon, drive one hour back to Kyauk Ku U Min Temple and visit. Then, take an approximately one hour private boat to Bagan along the Ayeyarwaddy River.
Departure Point :Hotel in Bagan
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Hotel in Bagan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.